Parabolic projectiles are too slow

Parabolic projectiles have a delay from shoot to landing so the players can evade them from enemies, for example Sea Weed's seashells or Deformed Bird's spit, but this delay also applies to parabolic projectiles thrown by players and make them innacurate.

Napsack and Fish Food have an area of effect so the delay isn't much of a problem, but still becomes a hassle trying to aim. This also makes it difficult to make Dragonfly wet so the Water Balloon strategy is almost never used.

While I don't think the velocity should increase, maybe giving the projectiles thrown by the player a little homing if aimed to a mob.

I have no problem with sacks or balloons, as most enemies home in to you. You simply throw at your current position and move back away from the AoE.

Seedshells are however really horrible to use due to their low damage and no debuff effect, that I agree with.

On 6/16/2021 at 12:54 PM, Just-guy said:

Parabolic projectiles have a delay from shoot to landing so the players can evade them from enemies, for example Sea Weed's seashells or Deformed Bird's spit, but this delay also applies to parabolic projectiles thrown by players and make them innacurate.

Napsack and Fish Food have an area of effect so the delay isn't much of a problem, but still becomes a hassle trying to aim. This also makes it difficult to make Dragonfly wet so the Water Balloon strategy is almost never used.

While I don't think the velocity should increase, maybe giving the projectiles thrown by the player a little homing if aimed to a mob.

That might make for a good character benefit. "Strong arm: Thrown projectiles are more accurate"

Archived