Unavoidable Kashio damage (?)

So I was at prestige 7 on Sals campaign and I am at the final battle, I use a combo deck that usually would win me the match very easily, but from what I noticed, I can never have more than 3 combo. I see that Kashio has the glove that applies 3 fire every time you don't mitigate the damage, so I managed every turn to get enough defense but yet I somehow take 1 unavoidable piercing damage at the beginning of my turn. It's not only me, I had a party of 2 pets that also took 1 piercing damage and I do not have any bane that would damage me at the beginning of the turn or after the usage of an item.

Am I the only one that noticed this problem? It literally makes the final battle unwinnable because I cannot generate enough armor to defend from attacks and the fire applied each turn melts through everything. 

8 hours ago, Scrumch said:

I personally do find most Kashio fights unwinnable with a solely combo-focused deck. Anything that hits you more the once a turn is going to completely neuter your stockpile of points.

That just sounds like you need to take anything that allows kashio to hit you more than once per turn, which is probably what you want to do anyway.

14 hours ago, RageLeague said:

That just sounds like you need to take anything that allows kashio to hit you more than once per turn, which is probably what you want to do anyway.

That's what I try to do, but I've never been able to remove Afterbuner gloves, suitcase grenades, support beacon, and especially blast chamber completely from Kashio. It's very luck depenadant right? I don't know if the NPCs removing the auction item bounties also remove it from Kashio's item pool.

Archived