HELP creating linux dedicated server

Hello! I need help to create a new dedicated server on linux basis (ubuntu 20.10). in the past I have already created and started a server (which lasted almost 5 years) to which the subscription to the vps has accidentally expired and everything has been canceled. to date I find myself having to recreate it but I can't put it on. I followed the forum guide but I think not updated. furthermore, the guide obliges the connection to the klei account, which from the terminal I could only do by installing a gui to the server and downloaded the files through the browser, but even so it does not work. Is it possible to have a detailed step by step guide of each step? in the guide, there is no reference to downloading the game via steamcmd, is it no longer necessary or is the guide supposed to be already present? thanks to anyone willing to help me , I am desperate

In the guide on the forums, the download of the server, or update if the server is already installed, but out of date, is already included in the launch script.

You might have to see if there are some requirements missing when launching the server, or if it launches right away.

Edit: Means: Just run the launch script, and it should download and install.

On 6/10/2021 at 1:46 PM, ale2582 said:

thanks for the answer, in the meantime I managed to install everything, but the guide is not correct. the script contains the game installer, but the step is described after it is downloaded and placed in the ./klei/donotstarvetogether folder, which does not exist unless created manually. moreover the script if left as is overwrites every time it is launched, so it needs to be duplicated and a string removed. in any case with a lot of effort and crossing the web guides, I managed to install everything. now I would like to have if it is possible the text file and its location for the creation of a custom map, where I can choose the duration of the seasons etc, by chance do you have a copy?

Archived