If it was ever possible to ensure the lack of cheaters...

I would love to see normal seasonal events have tournaments just like the Gorge Tournament back in the day, FYI i did play while it was going on, i knew it was going on but i was too dumb back then and my english was a lot more lacking than now to understand how to even enter it. shame because the entry gnaw icon is my favourite, but yeah if it was ever possible to make sure cheaters wouldnt get the rewards i would absolutelly love for tournaments like this to be made in seasonal events. 

Forge and Gorge were pretty much contests for various modders/programmers to make the most efficient cheaty/exploiting mods possible. Not only mods that maximized micro-management of movement, spells, time indicators with voice announcements and the like, certain actions automation, but also programs checking for out-of-boundary exploits and more. Those top 10 you could see all times during those events were slotted by such, basically cheaters you point out, without exception. At beginning of said events, yes, tops were "legit" but then... exploit/cheating mod galore. Hence your post, OP, is.. rather funny.

I would say just disable mods, but I'm sure there is a way to just run a script outside of the game that does things for you. Maybe you have to submit proof you didn't use scripts, like a video recording? It's not hard to record a video, OBS is free and takes like 3 minutes to set up the window you want to record. This all assumes Klei actually plans on bringing back forge/gorge, since modded forge and gorge both offer way more than the vanilla event could ever hope to.

It is possible to ensure nobody cheats! Simply require contestants to fly to Canada where they can play on Klei certified computers with the towers not visible. It'd require every contestant spends a bunch of money flying to Canada and Klei spends thousands of dollars renting the play area and all the computers, but it's possible...

Outside of that I don't think it would be very possible to ensure nobody cheats. At best you could mitigate cheating by requiring gameplay footage to be recorded and sent in, but all that would do is stop extremely blatant cheating and probably cause arguments about whether or not the video shows cheating.

Archived