PSA: Mining Neutronium bug (infinite skill points) is still active

In another thread that went off-topic, people where wondering if the bug that made a Dupe get infinite skill points by mining neutronium when super-productive is still active.

Short answer: yes it is!

It took a bit of time, even in sandbox, to setup a test setup for that, but I can know confidently confirm that the bug is still present on vanilla.

To replicate the bug:

• Ensure you have the Stock Bug Fix mod disabled or uninstalled.
  • Use a Super-Productive Dupe that don't have Trypophobia.
  • Train him to have 3 skill points and use that on Super-Duperhard Digging.
  • Ensure the Dupe has a good Morale (at least 8 bonus for a 2% chance of Overjoyed response, up to 20 bonus for a 5% chance, according to the wiki).
  • Trigger an Overjoyed response (only calculated when they wake up).
  • Make the Dupe mine Neutronium. If it doesn't succeed instantly, just cancel and re-queue the mining errand until it does.
  • When the Dupe instantly mine a Neutronium tile, success! The Dupe will have an absurdly large number of skill points.

Save files before and after the bug:

Before neutronium bug.sav 1.02 MB · 0 downloads

After Neutronium bug.sav 1.03 MB · 0 downloads

The "Before" has a skilled & overjoyed Mi-Ma (around the middle of the tower) which can be used to confirm the bug.

Note: this is my "exploit laboratory" save. You might notice a few other funny things going on around there...

Archived