The neutronium digging, infi-skillz

sakura_sk
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

It's not a new bug. It has some history and some topic discussions (1, 2)

What is happening: Dupe getting infinite skill points (infi-skillz) after managing to actually dig a neutronium tile.

What is causing it: One cause (I don't know if there are other causes too) it seems to be "super-productive" overjoyed reaction.

So... what I've observed is that it can definitely happen when a dupe is in a super-productive state but not at all times. At first, I built the environment to "produce" overjoyed reactions and spawned 10 dupes that can be super-productive (Banhi, Catalina, Devon, Liam, Mae, Mi-Ma, Nikola and Nisbet being candidates). Queued up some digging neutronium errands and waited.

723120876_infiskillzsetup.thumb.PNG.e6cc9f97b14bb963be64e3148b876def.PNG

It took several cycles to have and infi-skillz dupe (7-12 cycles, different results with each "load and let it run") and I was starting to think it can only happen if you are not looking at them (are they getting nervous..?). Mae was the first one to accomplice infi-skillz (because of course it would be Mae... There's nothing a Mae can't do if she sets her mind to it. :D) for two different re-loads and I was starting to really believe in her description but then...Mi-Ma also made it to infi-skillz so I stopped being paranoid :roll: 

Overjoyed reactions is a bit rare though so it was difficult to have a consistent enough occurrence of the bug. I concluded the best way it would be to save just before dupes wake up and start reloading that save (according to wiki there is 5% of an overjoyed response to occur if there is excess morale over 20 points when the dupe finishes sleeping). I managed to have dupes waking up overjoyed in 3 out of 10 reload of the same save. In one of these reloads Catalina seemed to be more inclined to dig neutronium (went straight and dig one tile up the first 3 times but not the next 4 I loaded the save). So I restricted everyone and only let super-productive Catalina out to dig. Changing Catalinas's position of digging, changed something..? maybe...? I don't know... But I now know that Catalina can definitely dig up neutronium and get some infi-skillz for it.

0:54 instant of video

If you want to check you luck with overjoyed reaction occurrence: Infi skillz _ waking.sav

When someone woke up super-productive (3-for Catalina):
Infi skillz _ waking Cycle 6.sav (2).sav Infi skillz _ waking Cycle 6.sav (3).sav Infi skillz _ waking Cycle 6.sav (10).sav

When Catalina was the only one allowed to go dig:
Infi skillz _ waking Catalina_.sav

Moving Catalina around I managed to make her dig multiple neutronium tiles but she was a bit nervous as I was recording her for the above video so she just dug up only one tile :rolleyes: 

Steps to Reproduce

Let a super-productive dupe dig neutronium. They can't always make it but if they try hard enough and accomplice it, they get the skills to prove it.

• Like 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.