fully automated nymph farm not possible?

100% Automated nymph farm not possible?

Hi, I am trying to make a 100% fully automatic nymph farm but it appears there's a conflict between the priority system and the automation system so if I forget to go change the priorities at the 22-25 cycle point I will not have any eggs to incubate.

Has anyone achieved a 100% automated nymph farm? I haven't.

The incubators get filled with an egg when they are disabled by the automation grid.

The conveyor loader will get filled up with an egg when it is disabled by the automation grid.

The only thing determining which building is loaded with an egg is the priority of the building meaning automation, incubators, and conveyor loaders cant reach 100% automation.

Automation setup:

Critter counter 1: if 3 critters are present: Enable conveyor loader and not-gate disable incubator and-gates.

Critter counter 1: If less than 3 critters: Disable conveyor loader and not-gate enable incubator and-gates.

Critter counter 2: If less than 3 critters: Enable incubator 1's and-gate.

Critter counter 3: If less than 2 critters: Enable incubator 2's and-gate.

Critter counter 4: If less than 1 critter: Enable incubator 3's and-gate.

HOWEVER: Only priority determines which will be filled by the auto-sweeper.

Any help would be very appreciated.

shift 7 warps to the nymph farm

You can see what my nymph farm turned into in the 2nd save file.

Thank you <3

Nymph Farm Automation Schematic.png

Harder Cosmos.sav

Harder Cosmos 2.sav

Disabling a conveyor loader only prevents it from unloading what is it stored inside it. It does not prevent dupes or sweepers storing items in the loader.

To prevent a conveyor loader from being loaded by a sweeper you have to break line of sight to it by using a mechanized airlock.

20 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Disabling a conveyor loader only prevents it from unloading what is it stored inside it. It does not prevent dupes or sweepers storing items in the loader.

To prevent a conveyor loader from being loaded by a sweeper you have to break line of sight to it by using a mechanized airlock.

oh man! thanks for the idea!

One thing about egg incubators:

I also discover this sad truth the hard way, but then i decided to use this to help me.

All critters that eclodes in a incubator generate automatically a task for dupes to put them in a stable, but only if the stable has space. So, my idea was to put the egg incubators and a kill chamber in the same room, for this reason:

When there is no space on stable, the critter stays inside the incubator for 5 cycles, then when it turns to adult, it leaves automatically. When it does leaves, it is free to wander around until it gets to the kill chamber, and it evolves to meat :D

When there is space, keep the door of the kill chamber closed, and duplicants will eventually automatically take the baby critter of the incubator and put in the stable

Optionally you can put a critter drop-off with priority 4 (can be any number as long as it is less then the priority of the dropoff on the stable) on the kill room, to speed up the process

OxygenNotIncluded_enpRNi8EFr.png.20bad0b647c2da65bdbd1a786547549b.png

OxygenNotIncluded_XpMULwofZV.png.513cb81a854d28460f27b9423201f9a2.png

On 5/23/2021 at 8:04 AM, nipodemos said:

One thing about egg incubators:

I also discover this sad truth the hard way, but then i decided to use this to help me.

All critters that eclodes in a incubator generate automatically a task for dupes to put them in a stable, but only if the stable has space. So, my idea was to put the egg incubators and a kill chamber in the same room, for this reason:

When there is no space on stable, the critter stays inside the incubator for 5 cycles, then when it turns to adult, it leaves automatically. When it does leaves, it is free to wander around until it gets to the kill chamber, and it evolves to meat :D

When there is space, keep the door of the kill chamber closed, and duplicants will eventually automatically take the baby critter of the incubator and put in the stable

Optionally you can put a critter drop-off with priority 4 (can be any number as long as it is less then the priority of the dropoff on the stable) on the kill room, to speed up the process

OxygenNotIncluded_enpRNi8EFr.png.20bad0b647c2da65bdbd1a786547549b.png

OxygenNotIncluded_XpMULwofZV.png.513cb81a854d28460f27b9423201f9a2.png

Thanks, I'll try this design out!

Archived