Gimmicky worlds you've had alot of fun with.

Another question of curiosity thread!

While alot of players usually play vanilla with default settings on worlds, Don't Starve Together does have the ability to customize worlds, also with mod support, there are alot of ways to play this game.

So my question is, what gimmicky playthroughs have you done in Don't Starve Together? More specifically, what gimmicky playthroughs have you found the most enjoyable during your time playing Don't Starve Together? It doesn't matter if the world is modded or vanilla, the question is just asking what gimmicky worlds you found most fun. Gimmicky does not mean difficult, just something different from the usual vanilla default.

For me personally, I will not lie, my culinary adventure worlds have been the most fun to do, both Island Culinary Adventure as well as the Culinary Archipelago playthrough I recently started have both been alot of fun. While neither shown any real difficulty by any stretch of the word, cooking a variety of crockpot dishes and filling out the cookbook's mod recipe tab was a very fun time for me. The whole idea of being a budding chef trying to make master Warly proud feels like a fun story to me aswell. even if to others it sounds edgy and stupid.

So yeah, what are gimmicky worlds have you found enjoyable? Discuss here.

In the old world gen settings (where setting something to Lots spread it all over your world instead of generating more in the appropriate location) I played a pub server where Clockworks had been set to lots (and none of us were WX because we didn't know about the setting before picking characters). It was fun trying to carve out a survivable base when there were Clockworks every 5 tiles to impede your exploration and gathering and also 4 other teammates of questionable skill levels. Also the server was set to endless, and after a few deaths you had to run away the second you saw a bishop because they would just one-shot you.

Some detail may be a little wrong, as it has been a while, but this is overall what happened. There was a world that was barren. No way to make a science machine, no rocks, no resources other than trees, twiggy trees, some flint that would just spawn (I don't recall birds), no pig king, and no death. This was a skin farming dedicated world and I didn't realize this until later. However, I wanted to see what I could do with what was given. I explored the map and found what I assume were structures made by the admin quite a long time ago. I found a chest or two, and a Think Tank.

At this point, I wondered if I could find and make it to the lunar island. However, I was Wortox, and couldn't respawn as Wickerbottom to make the necessary boards for a complete boat (mast and anchor) I couldn't die. I could still make one boat(boards from the chests, broken down with a hammer I found), but I couldn't park it and so I would have to stay on it if I was going to use it. After a little exploring, I found a spider den (thanks Webber) but it was only tier two and told myself I would come back. I thought about leaving the server because I had kinda done everything, but then I remembered, that whenever I telepoofed as Wortox, the immortality took a second to kick back in. Thus, I thought that maybe if I can kill myself to something in that few seconds or so, I could die and respawn as Wickerbottom. My problem is that because there was NO LIFE, so I couldn't die to anything...except fire. I crashed my boat to drown myself, and had enough boards from those chests I found to make another boat. Thus, I would make a boat, drown on it, respawn on the shore with less max health, make another boat to pick up the pieces of the old one and repeat. I got my health down to the minimum, stacked a bunch of logs really close to each other and some other trees, telepoofed right on top and died! Hell yeah!

Because it as I think Wilderness Mode, I decided to respawn as Wickerbottom and my ability to make boards out of the trees I chopped, allowed me to always make boats since there were always trees from regrowth. My quest for the lunar island was well underway. I still had a few problems. There were like 6-10 grass tufts and no rocks in the ENTIRE world, and at this time, I couldn't make an anchor. Thus, I really couldn't park it. After a few days, I found the lunar island was able to use rocks from stone fruit in order to make some cut stone and eventually I made my anchor. Additionally, I later went back to the mainland to get the spider den, now a tier three, in order to make a sail.

With Wicker's ability, I was able to make a nice base on the lunar island. I even made crock pots(despite not needing food) and transplanted land from the mainland in order to make it look nicer. I planted a bunch of trees and even had a spider farm with anemones. I made sure to eat kelp to make my sanity low so that the lunar island could become my new home.

I spent hours in this world despite it seeming like I had no real ability to do anything. However, it allowed my creativity to thrive and to make a goal using what little I was able to have. I will always look back on that strange world I was alone in with fondness, even though it is long gone now. :)

did a world with my friends where we based on pearls island, it was prob the most fun theyve had with the game so far. they arent the best so being able to babysit them all at once and trying to coordinate boat trips back and forth for supplies def was a nice change of pace from them running off and dying to mosquitos or whatever they dying to.  would 100% recommend it to others preferably without building a boat bridge in-between the island and the main land since that kinda ruins the point. 

I like setting the caves to landloop always branch none.  It makes a two piece circle, you have to use different cave entrances, giant tentacles, or a telepoof to get to the other side.  One side has all the bunnies and the full psudoscience machine with the bishops, and the ancient guardian in it.  The other side has all the swamps, marsh, ect and the actual ruins lol

I've also had fun playing on a world with everyone set to none / off.

Archived