Landing a rover on the Gassy Moonlet?

Has anyone else seen this when trying to land a rover/trailblazer module on the Gassy Moo planet?

image.thumb.png.e3d8c10d260f93ebc33cab2283de9ef6.png

There's no valid spaces for me to select as a landing spot, so I'm not actually able to land. It used to be full of natural gas but it all ended up disappearing into space after ~1 cycle.

4 hours ago, GeneralSour said:

There's no valid spaces for me to select as a landing spot

Is your rocket in orbit of the planet? Because the moment the rocket reaches planet orbit, it opens up the planet surface for me.

This happened because the gassy moo plantetoid has meteors that fall periodically that create natural gas. Fluid physics doesn't happen in undiscovered area, so the natural gas just built up until you clicked "oversee planetoid", but because the natural gas was in the way, you weren't able to see the surface where you can land. The same thing happened to me, but luckily for me there was still some space that meteors haven't fallen yet, so I was able to deploy the trailblazer module like normal. I think it might be impossible for you to explore this planetoid now and I would consider this a bug/oversight.

Archived