Which are the mods you all suggest for Server Connection improvement and have less lags?

My Wi-Fi is decent, and i'm usually the host in my group of friends, but DST is a rollercoaster between working fine or working as bad as.. I can't come up with a reference but you get me.
Which mods would you recommend to have a way less laggy experience, that doesn't makes my FPS drop because of nothing, and improve the server connection overall?

3 hours ago, Kommu said:

My Wi-Fi is decent, and i'm usually the host in my group of friends, but DST is a rollercoaster between working fine or working as bad as.. I can't come up with a reference but you get me.
Which mods would you recommend to have a way less laggy experience, that doesn't makes my FPS drop because of nothing, and improve the server connection overall?

Don't Starve Together doesn't really have any performance oriented mods, as the game is a very light game to play. You may want to just have another one of your friends host or something like that, if it's not running well there isn't much you can do aside from doing things like getting a wired internet connection instead of WiFi, and possibly a better computer.

Mods don't really have a lot of control over networking and FPS improvement. The best FPS and connection is from entirely vanilla, while generally each mod you use lowers either or both.

Edited by penguin0616

Usually DST do not consume a lot of internet
But it requires a lot from your processor

If the host user is lagging, you can be sure the problem is not the internet

Try to make worlds with "small" size, both in the forest and in the caves
Also, try to make a dedicated server

This would reduce the lag

14 hours ago, Gleenus said:

Usually DST do not consume a lot of internet
But it requires a lot from your processor

If the host user is lagging, you can be sure the problem is not the internet

Try to make worlds with "small" size, both in the forest and in the caves
Also, try to make a dedicated server

This would reduce the lag

Any guides to make a dedicated server you could link to me? The tutorials i've saw were either unclear (for me) or they just didn't work.

24 minutes ago, Kommu said:

Any guides to make a dedicated server you could link to me? The tutorials i've saw were either unclear (for me) or they just didn't work.

Well, I always follow the tutorial in the Wiki
Since this one works for me, I never followed any other, sorry

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Guides/Don’t_Starve_Together_Dedicated_Servers

• Like 1