Petroleum Boiler

1 hour ago, Zarquan said:

If the aquatuner chamber were 600 C, that should be hot enough.

I think that's the limit for the AT. It removes heat from the water by heating itself. Its capacity for water is 627kDTU/s, for supercoolant 1266kDTU/s, for nuclear waste 1116kDTU/s and you can of course fill them up. But this is at the request of the players.

The circuit will work 100% if you feed the oil at the temperature at which it comes out of the Oil Well (90C). It's just that I intentionally fed the oil at a lower temperature, knowing that it would cool down a bit when it got to the circuit.

1 hour ago, Craigjw said:

With magma, this temperature fluctuation was a significant headache for me.  I'd definitely recommend a liquid loop for the heat transfer if magma is going to be used. 

I agree, yes, with magma it would be a good solution. Here the temperatures are lower and more stable.

1 hour ago, Craigjw said:

Is the aquatuner running continually despite only giving 7kg/s conversion?

Yes, that's the limit for him. Either feed the oil hotter or make the heat exchanger bigger. Both are better. Of course you can heat the oil with something (e.g. the same tepidizer), but I think it is too much.

Without the heat exchanger we would have had to heat the crude oil at 5492.5kDTU/s
It remains to calculate the efficiency of the heat exchanger. Are there any heat engineers here?

18 hours ago, he77789 said:

What is tricking the tepidizer in the gif in the first post? The petrol tiles are way too full and hot, but all 3 exploit spots are seemingly not filled.

In the discussion we have already found out that after loading the performance drops several times.

Archived