Is there a way to reliably transport a fixed amount of resources?

Like the title says, I would like to transfer a specific amount between planets via either a rocket or the transporter. Say I would like to send exactly 1 Atmo suit, how would I do this? Also, any way to do this for say 1000 Kg copper and 1000 Kg dirt in the same container? I fell like I'm missing a simple method that's not just making a separate container limited to one resource.

You can set the maximum weight of a storage container. Unfortunally this limits you to one type of ressource per container, since even if you add a second when increasing the limit, the dupes will put in the first one as well. How to do 1 Atmosuit .. best with one dock you request it for?

11 hours ago, Oxygenbreather said:

How to do 1 Atmosuit .. best with one dock you request it for?

Wait, what if that dock is on another planetoid and I'm producing them on a different one? 

11 hours ago, Oxygenbreather said:

You can set the maximum weight of a storage container. Unfortunally this limits you to one type of ressource per container

And yes, this is what I was trying to avoid in fact, would like a single container. That would be a nice addition, to add sliders for any material in the container.

What I personally use is a combination of the Smart Storage Bin and an automated Pneumatic Door to make dupes deliver a specific amount of resources:

image.thumb.png.905e315f1f84f46a09454cfa046f3720.png

image.thumb.png.f2110758702d297037cebc72fd2f6762.png

How it works is that I'll specify how much of a specific resource I want to send (for example, 1.2t of sulfur) in the Smart Storage bin and then I'll flip the switch. (The top-right part with the XOR and FILTER gates is optional - you just need a switch or other trigger). When the memory toggle receives a SET signal, the door is opened so dupes can deliver resources to the bin. Once the storage bin is full and the dupes are out of the room, the door closes and the auto-sweeper activates. The sweeper transfers the resources from the storage bin to the conveyor loader, and the conveyor loader leads to an Interplanetary Launcher that I send resources from. The conveyor could also be connected to the Supply Teleporter or a Solid Cargo Loader, if you'd like.

I'm sure there's simpler approaches, but I found this one to be convenient since all it takes for repeated deliveries is the flip of a switch, and I can automate it with something like a timer to periodically send resources if necessary.

1 hour ago, Unfawkable said:

Wait, what if that dock is on another planetoid and I'm producing them on a different one? 

And yes, this is what I was trying to avoid in fact, would like a single container. That would be a nice addition, to add sliders for any material in the container.

Build another dock on a rocket... 

And yes also the only other thing I can come up with are complicated air material lock systems. Or use of that transporter belt counter, which is pretty late game tech.

I agree with the DLC it's a bit of a bummer. For example also to use the supply transporter to move food to the first outer colony. I usually enable it manually feed. Watch and after they put in a few tousand calories disable it quickly again...

4 minutes ago, Oxygenbreather said:

I agree with the DLC it's a bit of a bummer. For example also to use the supply transporter to move food to the first outer colony. I usually enable it manually feed. Watch and after they put in a few tousand calories disable it quickly again...

You can also build a fridge next to the warp's gate conveyor loader, set it to a higher priority than the conveyor loader, and fill it with the food you want. Then drop the food and sweep it into the conveyor loader (or have a sweeper arm do that).

Ah yes, the sweeping marker is generally a solution for that! 

Just set the container/loader you want to transport with on sweep only and sweep the materials you want to load, in the amount you want to load.

Might need to a container set with maximum values to split them first.

Archived