So now that the amount of modules depends on their height i think we could use mini cargo modules that are just 1 tile high and only accept a small amount of stuff like 100-200 kg. They would be perfect when you need to just auto load a small amount of stuff to keep your module working: oxygen for one dupe, water for the lavatory (now with build in filters we can easily use one), plastic for research. None of this needs needs a mutiple ton cargo storage and if we could fit one of each to a small rocket it wouls simplify a lot of things.

i wouldn't care much for solids but gas/liquid would be amazing to have small modules for.  just enough for a few cycles of o2 like 200-300kg and the liquid is more for storing the excess polluted water

would be cool if it we could get a single module that did each solid/liquid/gas in small quantities like 2t each for 3 slots (maybe 1t gas).  in the testing branch we currently got larger carrying size for modules, the small cargo module is up to 12,000kg, 9,000kg small liquid, and 3,600kg for small gas modules

although, i'm sure if it isn't added officially, it'll get added via mods

On 4/19/2021 at 4:55 AM, zach123b said:

would be cool if it we could get a single module that did each solid/liquid/gas in small quantities

This was optimal with the old system but i feel that with the new one single tile high modules would give us more flexibiltity. Getting all 3 elements would be just 3 tiles high and you could add a bigger module instead of the mini one if needed.

Archived