More singleplayer ported content?

Not sure about everyone else, but I've really enjoyed the Quality of Life update that added certain content from Together over into singleplayer. That being said, do ya'll think there's any chance we'll ever get a second QOL update? Stuff like No-Eyed Deer and maybe Juicy Berry Bushes to singleplayer by player choice in World Generation? Or any other content that you'd want added? What're ya'lls thoughts?

There are some changes I think could be ported over (especially from DST's latest QOL update), but you have to keep in mind a lot of features in DST don't make sense to port back to singleplayer, and vice versa. If there was more content that made sense to port over I don't think it would be a large amount. The most radical addition in the QOL update was the bundle warps and a lot of people don't agree with it since it trivializes food spoilage and is not hard to get at all, so there may be a limit to want is actually good for the game.

Right now though, the last QOL update and the state of hamlet could use polish before worrying about more content at any point in the future. This game came out in 2013 - we should lower our expectations a bit as well to whether or not something like that may happen. It's incredible it even continued to get more content after its "sequel" was released.

Yes, It would be great idea to do this.

The only things i want to be ported to Singleplayer are:- Reap What You Sow update, Character Reworks/Refresh, and Klaus (and the bugfixs)

These all will greatly benefit DS and Klei (as it will draw more players to the game).

Even if the game is old or it's (storywise) sequel is released. If you mine through the fourms you will definitely find out that people prefer Singleplayer over the Together version of the game for various reasons, this is enough reason for Klei to keep updating DS Singleplayer.

...Unnatural

I'd like stuff like meteors and moonrock thingies ported over. And pets, perhaps? Though I haven't used them in DST in forever.

But to be entirely honest with you, at this point I'd be happy with Shipwrecked and Hamlet making it over to DST instead as separate "islands" affected by their original weathers etc. And Bearger getting his proper wood-chopping slam back (as an option in server settings, I know it was a grief-tool, but for single players playing DST it's just sad with his baby slam). The fact that modding community has largely moved away from DS is a big reason why it makes more sense to expand upon DST. And the assets/ideas are ready, so it'd be nice to just have it all together in 1 game at last.

Archived