Solar panel modules can be stacked

That seems awfully expensive, glass-wise...

Though, if it's a balance issue, what if the solar panel and rocket battery power wires worked as input only? That way you can still charge a rocket's batteries from land but can only use the power inside the rocket via the power fitting, which is what these modules are intended for.

5 minutes ago, Electroely said:

That seems awfully expensive, glass-wise...

Yeah. For the same 200kg of glass you get about 1/6th the power. The main benefit is that you can stack multiple modules in the same location. (Which you can't do with regular solar panels). It's really only useful if you're trying conserve horizontal space.

Not something that really needs a nerf at the moment. If anything I think the power output of the modules should be increased 60W is pretty anemic.

Just now, ghkbrew said:

Not something that really needs a nerf at the moment. If anything I think the power output of the modules should be increased 60W is pretty anemic.

I've had great success with that small power production so far; they're only one tile high and your only module limit is how high your rocket is, so if you need more than that you can try adding more panels. I haven't had the need to, though: I've mainly used them for powering rocket fittings to provide the astronauts with oxygen and plumbing on a Radbolt Rocket. For an early-game research rocket I use a Sugar Engine or CO2 with 1 solar panel, and for higher power consumption I use other engines, like the Petroleum (small and large) and Hydrogen ones, which I believe give 240W, 480W and 600W.

Archived