Probably too late but I'd still like a beefalo tool bag

Had this idea way back when we were still guessing about what the year of the beefalo would introduce. A Saddle bag "belt" for beefalos that can only carry beefalo accessories. 

Beefalos are great with a piggyback because they negate the speed penalty, right? But then we have to dedicate a few slots to the beef, whether its a brush, a bell, a war saddle or glossamer saddle, and a saddle horn. Obviously you can just not carry all of that but encouraging saddle swapping on the fly would be pretty cool. I also suggest requiring a bearger pelt to gate it behind a minimum of 1 year of progress so 3 slots don't sound as absurd.  

Bonus if it can carry grass/twigs and manure.

On 4/11/2021 at 3:37 PM, HowlVoid said:

saddle horn

You don’t need a saddlehorn to swap saddles! The item effectively has no use. 

You can put a different saddle on a saddled beefalo and the original saddle falls off without losing durability, as if you used a saddlehorn on it.

a bell

A beefalo always follows the bell. So the whole point is you keep the bell on you so that your beefalo follows you. Keeping it in a saddle bag wouldn’t make any sense and I don’t know how that would work.

a brush

Do you use the brush/keep it on you once the beefalo is tamed? There’s really not much any need for it then.

The big thing is the saddlehorn. I don’t think klei would be willing to just remove it from the game but I don’t know what else should be done. It would make sense if swapping saddles without the saddlehorn costed durability but I’m not a fan of that and would have similar issues as the ones you’re having.

1 hour ago, Friendly Grass said:

You don’t need a saddlehorn to swap saddles! The item effectively has no use. 

Ah yeah i forgot that. 

You can put a different saddle on a saddled beefalo and the original saddle falls off without losing durability, as if you used a saddlehorn on it.

A beefalo always follows the bell. So the whole point is you keep the bell on you so that your beefalo follows you. Keeping it in a saddle bag wouldn’t make any sense and I don’t know how that would work.

I prefer to drop the bell and not have it follow me. So id like to store it on the beef, I can just pick it up nothin major. Id still like to store the saddle in the beef.

Do you use the brush/keep it on you once the beefalo is tamed? There’s really not much any need for it then.

I use the brush before a long fight sometimes to get its obedience to 100. Nothing big.

The big thing is the saddlehorn. I don’t think klei would be willing to just remove it from the game but I don’t know what else should be done. It would make sense if swapping saddles without the saddlehorn costed durability but I’m not a fan of that and would have similar issues as the ones you’re having.

If nothing else id like for poop to auto deposit into the saddle bag. Maybe store grass in it.

Archived