Making shadow Puppets rest or work like Abigail's flower

Don't having control of your shadow puppets as Maxwell it's really anoying, when you come to a base of your friend the shadow puppets litterally destroy their trees, their marble trees and other stuff, i want something to switch the shadow puppets into a not working mode (Don't make anything just staying there waiting for orders) a working mode (doing the same stuff as always) and a helping hand mode (When you are chopping trees or mining, or a friend is doing something like that, the shadow puppets help you with that as an assistant like don't starve alone) just like Wendy with the Abigail's flower but this time, Maxwell with his book, the codex umbra, i'll really happy with that because the only way to stop them is destroy them, and they just give you 1 nightmare fuel, the easy way to recieve another nightmare fuel, you need to lose sanity and atack some shadow creatures but you're taking the risk of dying ...

Shadow_Summon.jpg

maxwell-with-shadow-puppets-wood-chopped.jpg

Wendy_SNP.png

descarga.jpg

Maxwell_and_shadow_warrior.gif

In singleplayer there is only one type of shadow puppets and they use tools the player is currently using, like if you chop tree then they come and help you chop this tree, if you mine rock they come and help you with mining this specific rock. The problem is they stop as soon as the player stops, so when in DST they can chop the whole tree by themselves, in DS you have to use an axe on a tree to make your puppets come and help you with chopping it.
But that's not all - if you want to make puppets keep helping you, you need to constantly do the certain action. Once you stop, your puppets stop too. You want to mine that rock? Puppets will help you, but you need to start and keep mining it by yourself, because if you use your pickaxe only one time on that rock, then your puppets will hit the rock only one time. That means you need to use pickaxe a few more times to make your puppets work. In DST they will begin and finish their work without player's interaction. That makes puppets useless in singleplayer Don't Starve, because they are not really helpful (and also require 15 health points every time you summon them, which is a lot considering Maxwell has only 75 health points). Also they become shadow duelists when you start fighting mobs, and as you probably know they are awful at fighting and great at dying.

I know that what I wrote doesn't help solve the problem, but at least you know that the idea of puppets following player's actions is even worse than making them doing their job by themselves.

2 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

In singleplayer there is only one type of shadow puppets and they use tools the player is currently using, like if you chop tree then they come and help you chop this tree, if you mine rock they come and help you with mining this specific rock. The problem is they stop as soon as the player stops, so when in DST they can chop the whole tree by themselves, in DS you have to use an axe on a tree to make your puppets come and help you with chopping it.
But that's not all - if you want to make puppets keep helping you, you need to constantly do the certain action. Once you stop, your puppets stop too. You want to mine that rock? Puppets will help you, but you need to start and keep mining it by yourself, because if you use your pickaxe only one time on that rock, then your puppets will hit the rock only one time. That means you need to use pickaxe a few more times to make your puppets work. In DST they will begin and finish their work without player's interaction. That makes puppets useless in singleplayer Don't Starve, because they are not really helpful (and also require 15 health points every time you summon them, which is a lot considering Maxwell has only 75 health points). Also they become shadow duelists when you start fighting mobs, and as you probably know they are awful at fighting and great at dying.

I know that what I wrote doesn't help solve the problem, but at least you know that the idea of puppets following player's actions is even worse than making them doing their job by themselves.

Clicking the book should toggle between DS1 and DST ai then.

7 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

I know that feeling, i can't play as Maxwell on singleplayer don't starve, the shadows are nothing special in there, it's pretty bad to be honest, they just stare at you without helping you, they are doing mimics and that's all

1 hour ago, inferjus4 said:

klei can mix the mechanics. DS shadows were less efficient at working but funnier to use and less tedious since you only needed nightmere fuel instead of flint tools (+being limited at one work)

Archived