dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe look into wrong folder

Hi, I was using this guide

and followed every step except for the 1st one because i want to use my already created world in cluster 12 (already changed that number in the .bat file) to run my server as a dedicated server but i cant fix the token error. I have already create many tokens with the command TheNet:GenerateClusterToken() and moved the cluster_token.txt to the cluster_12 folder. I also created a new server in https://accounts.klei.com/account/game/servers?game=DontStarveTogether to create a new token but didnt work neither. The error appears in both shards.

screenshot of the .bat

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e5f979e144eb1990e67c59ff3a9de9c1.png

image.thumb.png.caf7987035728d07ff75f1e29c79b571.png

screenshot of my cluster folder to show that im not missing the route (C:\[...]\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\100628789\Cluster_12)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5f043243c3ea0f6953322b6c59672a5a.png

the .bat that is placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.eb04e837e9b44e2b4740ee2b906be3c3.png

edit: the error might come because the dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe is trying to find the cluster folders inside dontstarvetogether folder but my clusters are in dontstarvetogether\100628789. If i move the cluster to dontstarvetogether folder the .bat just closes

How did you make the txt file? Always through Notepad?

I recall there was an issue that notepad would add some extra characters to a txt file.

If you've already created the token via the Klei account portal, download the zip file from there (Configure Server -> Download settings) and use the token file provided within.

1 hour ago, myxal said:

How did you make the txt file? Always through Notepad?

I recall there was an issue that notepad would add some extra characters to a txt file.

If you've already created the token via the Klei account portal, download the zip file from there (Configure Server -> Download settings) and use the token file provided within.

yes, the token file was created with notepad but also via the console command TheNet:GenerateClusterToken() so the game create some of the ones i used. Also i have follow your advice and used the token in the mydediserver.rar and didnt work neither

Hmmm..

I see filename extensions shown in Explorer - have you enabled those, or are the files misnamed (cluster_token.txt.txt)?

If it's not that, you'll have to post the whole logfile (from either shard) - I suspect the path it's working with is not what you expect, and this is shown in the very beginning of the logfile, like so:

[00:00:00]: PersistRootStorage is now /Volumes/ACER_SSD-NTFS//DST_clusters/Cluster_DSTU_1/Caves/ 

[00:00:00]: Command Line Arguments: -monitor_parent_process 9280 -persistent_storage_root APP:Klei/ -conf_dir DoNotStarveTogether -cluster Cluster_12 -ownernetid 76561198060894517 -ownerdir 100628789 -backup_log_count 25 -backup_log_period 0 -ugc_directory C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\workshop -shard Caves -sigprefix DST_Secondary -region EU 

This is not being executed by the scripts you posted. Also, there's no "E_INVALID_TOKEN" error in these log files.

Just now, myxal said:

Well, apparently the script wasn't changed, it's still running Cluster_1.. did you save the file after modifying it?

oh sorry, i was trying with the cluster_1 to try but it doesnt work neither so it should load cluster 1 right now

forget to say it.

Can you post logs from that cluster, then?

One thing that's alread obvious - scripts don't include the -ugc_directory option. I'm guessing you haven't downloaded the mods elsewhere and will be using the directory used by the normal game. So include that in your script. I'm not actually sure how quoting works in bat files, but it will definitely be necessary for a path that contains space:

... -ugc_directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop" ...

Alternatively, you could make a new ugc directory the way we run normal dedicated server. You'll have to modify dedicated_server_mod_setup.lua and download the mods first. In that case.

4 minutes ago, myxal said:

Can you post logs from that cluster, then?

One thing that's alread obvious - scripts don't include the -ugc_directory option. I'm guessing you haven't downloaded the mods elsewhere and will be using the directory used by the normal game. So include that in your script. I'm not actually sure how quoting works in bat files, but it will definitely be necessary for a path that contains space:

... -ugc_directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop" ...

Alternatively, you could make a new ugc directory the way we run normal dedicated server. You'll have to modify dedicated_server_mod_setup.lua and download the mods first. In that case.

sorry for the confusion.

about the mods, i only used as server mod the global pause mod and i tried with it diseable but nothing changed

this are the logs from the cluster_12 and the screen shots from the .bat when i tried to launch it

caves

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9a36f8c260f6587096b1ad4c6db91542.png

image.thumb.png.3d406766523d3b1377a4303e2982dbf5.png

image.thumb.png.b4945a3b5ce37c12bcaf7a6755c2c8b1.png

server_log.txt

master

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.763506874fe4b8e3c66ce667d0108b0e.png

image.thumb.png.5afac00f7e09874ce3e036e74cb1be3e.png

image.thumb.png.abb52b5d59cf3eebcfe6a3cfe32844fe.png

server_log.txt

i have tried with other clusters but the problem remains

seems like dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe is trying to load the worlds from C:\Users\User\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

but my clusters are in C:\Users\user\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\100628789

every time i launch the .bat it creates a cluster_1 and cluster_12 folder in C:\Users\User\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether instead of loading from the clusters folder

image.thumb.png.e00e6fd477669e4264a968a34b1a74ae.png

image.thumb.png.2851009ab3a50cd1dc20d8d542b310ad.png

On 4/6/2021 at 8:47 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but my clusters are in C:\Users\user\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\100628789

every time i launch the .bat it creates a cluster_1 and cluster_12 folder in C:\Users\User\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether instead of loading from the clusters folder

Ah right, this was changed sometime during the game's life, forgot about this (I still don't have the ID subdirectory). In that case, try adding the -ownerdir argument into the script (you can check the logs from when the cluster was executed by the GUI game):

-ownerdir 100628789

2 hours ago, myxal said:

Ah right, this was changed sometime during the game's life, forgot about this (I still don't have the ID subdirectory). In that case, try adding the -ownerdir argument into the script (you can check the logs from when the cluster was executed by the GUI game):

-ownerdir 100628789

Thanks, i will try when i arrive home

Do i need to paste it following the other code?

Also i dont get the GUI thing. Sorry, i have very little knowledge about this things

8 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Do i need to paste it following the other code?

Paste it into the script that executes the dedicated server binary.  From what you posted, put it at the end the 2 long lines here, and don't forget a space to separate it from the shard name.

13 minutes ago, myxal said:

Paste it into the script that executes the dedicated server binary.  From what you posted, put it at the end the 2 long lines here, and don't forget a space to separate it from the shard name.

it worked!!

thanks a lot for your time

Archived