Anyway to optimize connection from different continents?

Hello, I don't know if this question belongs here but I didn't know where else to ask.
Some of my friends happened to get into dst recently which makes me super happy because I have been in love with this game for a few years now
The problem is that two of them are American and the other Australian while I am European. I am very much aware I will probably never get to have a smooth experience with them but I wanted to know if there is anything we can do to optimize this connection.
If you guys have any suggestion that could possibly allow me to kite in this type of connection except from "upgrade you wi-fi speed" I would really appreciate it
Thank you for reading :)

41 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Maybe via VNP but it wont be smooth and with that different distand places will be hard to choose a VNP from a country that will make it better for all but you dont lose nothing for trying

VPN would de-optimize the connection. It just adds another step for the connection to go through, but it still has to go to the same places.

6 hours ago, Funkh said:

The problem is that two of them are American and the other Australian while I am European. I am very much aware I will probably never get to have a smooth experience with them but I wanted to know if there is anything we can do to optimize this connection.

No, and there never will be because of physics (which is my mortal enemy). The most you can do is ensure everyone has a good internet connection, and then have one of the Americans host the server so that two people can have a good connection and two people have a bad connection. If the Australian or European hosts then only one person will have a good connection and three will have a bad one.

Although that's assuming that the Americans are able to host a server properly. If they're both on laptops that can barely run just the client then a better computer would probably be better than two people being geographically close.

However, you can all disable lag compensation so that you can manually compensate for the lag instead of having the game try  to do it for you. Then you'll be able to kite.

Archived