Using research reactor as a radbolt source

I thought I could use the research reactor to feed a radbol engine and an interplanetary launcher.

However, the radbolt depleted itself before reaching the radbolt engine (it goes into two of my reflector then dies out before the third one)

I am disapointed. So to have a consistent radbolt source I would need to build the reactor on the same level as spaceship ? Which would mean evacutating steam into space.

Any other solution ?

Burgeoning Moonbase.sav

Radbolt shots start with 50 radbolts and lose 1 radbolt for every tile they traverse. So the farther they have to travel the more you lose to transmission costs.

You can improve things slightly by using a chain of radbolt reflectors. Each time a bolt absorbed and re-emitted by a reflector it loses 1 radbolt, but travels 2 tiles. Effectively halving loses to travel.

If you want to use the research reactor, do it for power in a way that uses minimal uranium. Pump the waste to a containment near your rockets. Use a radbolt collider build to inject more radioactivity into it. Now you have a source of radiation close to your rocket that produces ample fuel.  

Archived