system requirements need an update

I guess this requirements is ok if you like to play with low fps, being disconnected every time you enter the cave, like to see the "out of memory" popup

or maybe... have have trouble with moving head icon? 

that was me until 2 years ago (minus the moving head because that wasn't a thing back then) 

I have played both DS and DST from the start. Back then, I was a kid and I play this game by using my now 10 years old laptop (Which is still meets the minimum system requirement of the game)

and here is my experience with the game using an low-end pc:

Don't Starve, Rog works fine, Forest fires may low the frame rate alot (some time the game may freezes)

same with SW but the game is alway have low frame rate when you travel by boat (especially during Hurricane and Monsoon season or when you go near the volcano)

Hamlet.... works somewhat ok during the beta, you will see the "out of memory" a lot but at least you still able to create a world.

After the beta, goodluck with create a world, you can't pass the loading screen because the game will runs out of memory during the world generation

----

DST: well, the game run fine during the first few days before the frame rate slowly drop from 60 to 30 max, run into the forest may speed up the process

if you survive to till winter, the frame drop during winter will kill you 

Back then, I have to use a mod that remove the snow, rain to able to play.

Entering a cave is a guarantee disconnected from the server (joining back will spawn you in the cave so it's still playble? :v )

Keep in mind that I was joining other server at the time, I can host one but if I enable cave, it will run out of my pc memory like with Hamlet
And this was 2 years ago, before the RoT, Character rework, yet the system requirements is still the same 

image.png.f8bcc573ed2988d27ec2109bff563f22.png

image.png.633e699d7824e87a60542f67a856f31a.png

2 hours ago, MikoFanboy said:

I don't remember the details because I don't have it anymore :v 

but I know that it meets the minimum system requirement of the game 

Check it by pressing Windows key + R and then write dxdiag and press Enter.

12 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Check it by pressing Windows key + R and then write dxdiag and press Enter.

:v I know how to check it
what I mean is I don't have that old laptop anymore

but my point is even though it meets the minimum system requirement, the game is very unstable so someone need to update it
this game is 7 years old (DS is 9), during that time, a lot of thing has been added to the game yet the requirement is unchanged

Archived