Survival to Endless

I'm on my 750+ day and I haven't had any trouble with this world yet, so maybe you could try what I did to my world by editing both the Master's and Cave's shardindex files (cluster folder -> Master/Cave -> save -> shardindex). There should be a line that says game_mode="survival", all I did was changing it to "endless" in both files.

Just a thought - wouldn't it be quicker to just search around the forums? I posted the same answer in another thread.

3 hours ago, OsiriCousland said:

Estou no meu dia 750+ e não tive nenhum problema com este mundo ainda, então talvez você pudesse tentar o que eu fiz no meu mundo editando os arquivos shardindex do Master e do Cave (pasta do cluster -> Master / Cave - > salvar -> shardindex). Deve haver uma linha que diz game_mode = "survival", tudo o que fiz foi alterá-lo para "infinito" em ambos os arquivos.

Apenas um pensamento - não seria mais rápido apenas pesquisar nos fóruns? Eu postei a mesma resposta em outro tópico.

That worked! thanks!

12 hours ago, OsiriCousland said:

editing both the Master's and Cave's shardindex files (cluster folder -> Master/Cave -> save -> shardindex). There should be a line that says game_mode="survival", all I did was changing it to "endless" in both files.

I see it seems the online_mode can be changed too? that would be cool if I can switch my world between online and offline mode then, but it's so sad that if it does work why we can't do it from in the game and have to manually go out of the way to change it in these files 

11 hours ago, --- -.- said:

I see it seems the online_mode can be changed too? that would be cool if I can switch my world between online and offline mode then, but it's so sad that if it does work why we can't do it from in the game and have to manually go out of the way to change it in these files 

My knowledge of programming is close to none so I don't have the slightest idea if that would work or would even be safe to do so, I just messed around with the files because I was frustrated lol. Though I did successfully change depth worm wave attack setting by editing those files before the march qol update was a thing, so I guess you could always give it a try.

On 3/26/2021 at 3:39 PM, --- -.- said:

Just because something works doesn't mean it will be stable or supportable. Many of the world settings we've seen added in this QoL were in fact previously modifiable in the save data.

Klei appears to be working through the kinks of granting more freedom of options to users but it is a lot of work. Check out the bug tracker: this March update produced an unprecedented amount of bugs and Zark was exclusively dedicated to addressing them.

My point is you don't necessarily want too many options available to you until the developers are prepared to provide support for them. So try to take the longview.

1 hour ago, JazzyGames said:

My point is you don't necessarily want too many options available to you until the developers are prepared to provide support for them. So try to take the longview.

im just saying i'd like it someday within rot's lifespan since it really should have been a feature in the game right from the start along with volume settings for insanity separate from ambient volume, not saying they should instantly add it right now without making sure it works ok

Archived