Host should not drop all items

As the title says, I think the person hosting a game should not drop all items when logging out, it makes using that feature a pain.

The purpose of it was to protect hosts from randoms stealing valuable items, there is no point in the host dropping everything imo.

This is a horribly designed feature Klei added to the game ONLY because fans demanded/asked for it.

I understand its intentions... but it causes more problems than it actually solves.

For example- if your trying not to freeze to death over a winter night and your huddled near a normal campfire but for whatever reason you have to leave the game (yes this also applies to the host) coming back to the game will spawn you in, your belongings scattered at your feet near a raging campfire hell bent on burning those items.

It just seems like a feature that on paper sounds like a nice QoL thing EVERYONE wanted, but in actual practice- we realize this isn’t what we wanted.

And besides.. all grievers has to do is gather your belongings put them on a boat platform paddle out to sea and sink that boat- That is now made even EASIER and FASTER for them to do because NOW all they have to do is horde the stuff they want to destroy get on a boat, set it on fire and simply log out which now thanks to this drop everything function- Drops those items onto a boat that’s on fire out in the middle of nowhere.

Unless Klei plans to patch it so those items float forever instead of sinking never to be seen again.. Then I’m really failing to see the point of the “drop everything” feature.

Yes its great when it actually works, but it has too many flaws to be worth working/ and the host themselves dropping everything near a campfire they were huddled near is one of those flaws.

Not to mention Malicious players can now just vote to kick players and hijack all their stuff.

I "think" the reason this happens is about dedicated servers you know those doesnt require host

There could be an option like which specific items will drop or seperated as burnables, valuables (gems, antlers, meaty stew etc), less valuables and like that 

Archived