List of Questions I have about coding certain features

Hi I have a couple questions I have for making an update for my mod and rather than making seperate posts for each question I have, I decided to put them all here.

• How do I create a healing item from scratch? What basic files do I need for it?
  • How do I transfer values of a character's sanity, max sanity and negative sanity drain multiplier to be applied to an item that the player is holding or using? (for example I want to create a weapon whose damage scales with the holder's sanity)
  • How does body armor work

1] Creating a prefab, look at how healing salves are constructed.

2] Many ways but I think the most straightforward is to hook the damage application function that shoots off the event and modify the value before it gets sent based off of your criteria.

3] Look at any of the armour prefabs, they're almost all the same.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 10:06 PM, CarlZalph said:

1] Creating a prefab, look at how healing salves are constructed.

2] Many ways but I think the most straightforward is to hook the damage application function that shoots off the event and modify the value before it gets sent based off of your criteria.

How would I do those 2 things. I do not know how to code that (2). Also, what files do I need for this healing item and what do I need to create it?

Edited by Earthyburt