I come to ask these questions three

31794681_20210316025729_11.thumb.jpg.c6e1c217a41e6139016452c9d36a560e.jpg                                                     First it is thanks to you guys on this forum that i am as far as i am now, thank you, i have three things i am wondering about. first and most inportantley i feel like a moron. why won't the radbolts shoot to the research station? In the attached picture i have all the green shootey bits pointed at the white input bits but no joy. i tried adding repeaters, nothing. automation grid telling it to fire, nothing. moved it to space, nothing. in the end i just turned the collectors off so it didn't waste power.
Second just wondering because i usually just keep my lava sealed away to keep heat low, is it possible to "cool down" a planets core if i over time dump a absurd amount of water on it. is the heat down there finite or infinite?
Lastly i have seen a few misleading tool tips in the DLC. its probable just things that are not in yet but i figured i would ask anyways. Radium is all over the place in the nuclear biome and it says "useful as a power source" but as far as a can see no buildings use it as all. Simalarley sulfur says its a byproduct of natural gas production but my oil refinery has made a ton of gas with no sulfur in sight (meaning my sweetle farm will eventuality have to be killed off)

The heat at the core isn't infinite*, but it is very, very large. To fully cool it you need lots of Steam Turbines, Aquatuners as heat-exchangers and hundreds of cycles.  Francis John has an amusing video of dumping an entire ocean into the magma biome though.  Fun to watch. :)  Edit: Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLIP-Tpm7-k

The Oil Refinery doesn't produce Sulfur. Sulfur is produced by boiling Petroleum into Sour Gas then cooling it (but it's much easier just to tame the geyser) 

*If there are Volcanoes, the heat is technically infinite if you keep it clear and let it keep the magma flowing, but without work to keep them clear they'll seal themselves.

33 minutes ago, Pyrex042 said:

The heat at the core isn't infinite*, but it is very, very large. To fully cool it you need lots of Steam Turbines, Aquatuners as heat-exchangers and hundreds of cycles.  Francis John has an amusing video of dumping an entire ocean into the magma biome though.  Fun to watch. :)  Edit: Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLIP-Tpm7-k

The Oil Refinery doesn't produce Sulfur. Sulfur is produced by boiling Petroleum into Sour Gas then cooling it (but it's much easier just to tame the geyser) 

*If there are Volcanoes, the heat is technically infinite if you keep it clear and let it keep the magma flowing, but without work to keep them clear they'll seal themselves.

Thanks, tooltip should realey say it comes from sour gas then. i even see some at my outer colony world.

4 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Radium isn`t fully implemented yet. We just got radoiactive stuff this update, not even a week ago. Radium will likely get some usage soon. If nothing else it should become a good radiation source.

nice any clue what my radbolts are missing or naaa.?

3 hours ago, Kybercat said:

any clue what my radbolts are missing or naaa.?

They just take time. A radbolt generator in space (25 rads) will collect 25 radbolts per cycle. When it gets to 50 it will fire a shot (is that also called a radbolt?). The generator will only collect while is has power. Turning it off via automation will prevent it from firing shots, but it will continue to draw power and collect radbolts while its in radiation. As long as the generator contains more than 50 radbolts it will fire a shot containing 50 radbolts every 2 seconds. The shots decay by 1 radbolt for every tile they pass through and will dissipate when they reach 0. So you're better off keeping the generators near the atomic collider.

1 hour ago, ghkbrew said:

They just take time. A radbolt generator in space (25 rads) will collect 25 radbolts per cycle. When it gets to 50 it will fire a shot (is that also called a radbolt?). The generator will only collect while is has power. Turning it off via automation will prevent it from firing shots, but it will continue to draw power and collect radbolts while its in radiation. As long as the generator contains more than 50 radbolts it will fire a shot containing 50 radbolts every 2 seconds. The shots decay by 1 radbolt for every tile they pass through and will dissipate when they reach 0. So you're better off keeping the generators near the atomic collider.

I just saw that it had 20 or so radbolts in it and thought " It has 20 ready to go, whys it not firing, whats wrong!!" Turns out nothings wrong the names just very very misleading. all is well.

Archived