Disappearing Beeta Hives?

Having landed on the radioactive planet for the metal volcanoes and pips & arbor trees, I had no interest in the Beetas in there yet, so I didn't approach them.

It seems like they're dissappearing slowly, though. Two of the three hives are gone:
image.thumb.png.78324f86ec487ad93aac9f2688e72ec5.png

This one was an old one, and I had just assumed the critter trap ate the hive and didn't think much of it.

image.thumb.png.38c3e6ff56f7acb1e5ade49cc7e4f413.png

This one, though, had to have JUST dissappeared. The beetas are still there (they only live for 5 cycles) and there's no critter trap this time around. Anyone know why this is happening? I literally haven't approached them.

I think that update : "Beeta Hives will now die if the tiles that are supporting them are dug up/ removed" of update 454967 is at fault... Beetas dig and take uranium ore to the Hive so it is possible they dug up the bottom of the hive and killed it :? (the second pictures seems to be this case). If there is a Beetiny it is possible it will sprout again but I'm not sure of the conditions (meaning if a Beeta Hive needs 6 free tiles and 2 flat ones in order to sprout from a Beetiny or just any free tile the Beetiny stands)

Looks like my final Beeta Hive just bid farewell. I'm not sure what it was this time. The beetas-mining-themselves-to-death theory sounded pretty good, but right after @sakura_sk's response I went to make sure that this third hive was safe, and it was in fact on top of 2 ice and a snow. None of the blocks were mined or melted: they remain exactly as they were now. Is it possible the hive starved itself to death? It was showing the "Hungry" status last time I checked it.image.thumb.png.8ba48825af70db15907dc5b6de7f94e7.png

I find mine die because a dupe breathes out near them. The CO2 then liquefies in the cold, as does some chlorine. This creates a "pile" of liquids two tiles high which drowns the beetahive.  It's really annoying.

I now dig out the tiles either side of the two base tiles of the hives, so excess liquids can run off.

So one of the newer updates made it so that Beeta hives don't die from being dug under. That's great. Seems I have a new problem on this new colony, though...

image.thumb.png.02a4a84d90c1e67295eb0607de222202.png

This hive generated like this (I have yet to even dig towards it). Decided to leave it alone until I can nab the critter traps besides it since they're so useful, but now it seems to be starving. I'm a little concerned.

EDIT: An update for those interested...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.862ce613c9732a342c3b44241f16fb21.png

I built the hive a base, and it immediately started glowing. I imagine this means the hive is "eating" its stored uranium ore. A Beetiny came out shortly after it finished "eating."

Archived