So i have been having quite a lot of fun with the new DLC. Made a swamp start and i enjoy the idea of having many smaller spesalised bases with space trade lanes a lot more appealing than just one huge base. BUT
Only one world was in telescope range of my starting home and nothing was in telescope range of that world. the swamp start has no oil as far as i can tell and the irradiated marsh world has none either (unless its hiding way down in bottom the irradiated zone and is also not listed in the biomes) The Cartographic Module needs plastic, plastic of course needs oil. Thats the only way to explore new tiles out of telescope range AT ALL. The game. wont even let me go blind into them without it. So i have a oil catch 22 in order to explore and find oil, i need plastic, and that needs oil.
iIf this is just a extremely unlucky spawn seed ( SWMP-C-1763827356-51) then i wouldn't know because this is my first DLC run. As it stands there is literally no way to explore more of the map no matter how far my rockets can go. As it stands ill have to try and Mod my way out of the plastic requirements or something as i see no other way to explore more.
Please, just make it so that unexplored space docent have a invisible wall around it without one very specific high tier part. From the one world i found you've done great work out there. I just want to find it.

32 minutes ago, Kybercat said:

Only one world was in telescope range of my starting home and nothing was in telescope range of that world.

Before 'Cartographic Module' it was possible to build telescopes inside command module. I haven't checked, but likely it's still the case and can be used to extend visible range.

P.S. Telescope previously had a bug where you had to rebuild telescope once rocket moves, so if it doesn't work, try rebuilding

You don't mention going to the world you get to via teleportation, and that's where I've always found oil in both DLC starting asteroid types.  In fact, that's the only oil I've ever found in a decent quantity on any of the asteroids.

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

Also... that seed doesn't seem to be valid. Are you sure it is "-51" ?

sorry typo its -S1.

46 minutes ago, EricS said:

You don't mention going to the world you get to via teleportation, and that's where I've always found oil in both DLC starting asteroid types.  In fact, that's the only oil I've ever found in a decent quantity on any of the asteroids.

I should have added this to start but In a DLC named "spaced out" my main objective was to make a B-line for space and start building rockets. saw a cargo teleport on the way up.figured i could wire it up once a found the other end. All new game runs i do i try and have zero spoilers. (besides the base game in this case)
If i just get handed another world (that also has a bunch of the things i am going to space to get) on a silver platter no space exploration needed no travel times because teleport then i have to ask whats the point of all the exploration rovers and cargo rockets? why even add them?
If i wanted a large base that's all connected in one no shipping costs no travel time network, ill just go back to the base game. Hell ill probable just make a house rule that i dont use those once i find them. Its called spaced out!!!! i want a space adventure not a walk through a door and keep going, unadventure
Unfortunately most of that's probable personal preference and not objectively bad game design.

2 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Just one more new thing in DLC: Teleporters

I should have added this to start but In a DLC named "spaced out" my main objective was to make a B-line for space and start building rockets. saw a cargo teleport on the way up.figured i could wire it up once a found the other end. All new game runs i do i try and have zero spoilers. (besides the base game in this case)
If i just get handed another world (that also has a bunch of the things i am going to space to get) on a silver platter no space exploration needed no travel times because teleport then i have to ask whats the point of all the exploration rovers and cargo rockets? why even add them?
If i wanted a large base that's all connected in one no shipping costs no travel time network, ill just go back to the base game. Hell ill probable just make a house rule that i don't use those once i find them. Its called spaced out!!!! i want a space adventure not a walk through a door and keep going, unadventure
Unfortunately most of that's probable personal preference and not objectively bad game design.

1 hour ago, AndreyKl said:

Before 'Cartographic Module' it was possible to build telescopes inside command module. I haven't checked, but likely it's still the case and can be used to extend visible range.

P.S. Telescope previously had a bug where you had to rebuild telescope once rocket moves, so if it doesn't work, try rebuilding

That seems Somewhere between a exploit and a flat out bug but in this case ill make a exception abuse it if i can

26 minutes ago, Kybercat said:

If i wanted a large base that's all connected in one no shipping costs no travel time network, ill just go back to the base game.

The way the DLC is build now, you have to visit the other planet via the teleporter in order to progress faster. I don't know at what version you are playing (regular 3-week updates or testing branch) but you will need plastic sooner or later (*spoilers if you want to know why)

Spoiler

New orbital research station consumes (so far) plastic in order to complete the research tree.

If you would like to progress only using rockets it's possible but you then have to find other ways to plastic until you reach the planet with oil. 

Also there were several updates since the DLC first launched in EA (in case you only played a map generated early in the update). Starmap had a significant update that makes discovering planets easier.

50 minutes ago, Kybercat said:

That seems Somewhere between a exploit and a flat out bug but in this case ill make a exception abuse it if i can

Depends on point of view.

It works differently from module; there is no logical reason for preventing telescope from working; I remember devs patching telescope up to update properly while inside rockets, so devs do not consider this to be an exploit or are not removing this 'exploit' due to other mechanics not being ready.

50 minutes ago, Kybercat said:

I share your feeling on teleportation in ONI. But looks like dupe teleporter is relatively important to explore.

Hopefully 'teleporter' will only be a part of 'easy' starts at most.

13 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Starmap had a significant update that makes discovering planets easier.

Shortly after devs added Scanner Module (build 452034), they increased distance again. Quote from 452242: Moved outer cluster worlds further out now that more rocket engines exist.

15 minutes ago, AndreyKl said:

Shortly after devs added Scanner Module (build 452034), they increased distance again. Quote from 452242: Moved outer cluster worlds further out now that more rocket engines exist

But they maintained their relative distance (AFAIK) to be discoverable (the "?" sign) from at least one other planet

6 hours ago, AndreyKl said:

Depends on point of view.

It works differently from module; there is no logical reason for preventing telescope from working; I remember devs patching telescope up to update properly while inside rockets, so devs do not consider this to be an exploit or are not removing this 'exploit' due to other mechanics not being ready.

I share your feeling on teleportation in ONI. But looks like dupe teleporter is relatively important to explore.

Hopefully 'teleporter' will only be a part of 'easy' starts at most.

Shortly after devs added Scanner Module (build 452034), they increased distance again. Quote from 452242: Moved outer cluster worlds further out now that more rocket engines exist.

Docent matter how good my engine is if all telescoped cells have invisabal walls around them. honestly just change that and we are all good. but now that i know being inside a rocket counts as the "space exposure" a telescope needs even though the insides don't have that tag i think it can be done. it will be a whole irl play session to refit a rocket, fuel with all it needs and do some mobile telescoping but it can be done

Archived