Buildable Alarm System.

I quite like the idea of a structure in the Science tab that can be set to activate at a certain day and time to send everyone on the server the equivalent of a chat message. It could be programmed with warnings and reminders like "Day 21: Winter is here" or "Day 30: Deerclops attack expected soon"

I'm picturing it as a megaphone speaker on a pole with some sort of punch-card input system at the base.

The way things alarmed are by music themes, for example Deerclops incoming music, Bearger music, and such; The Winter is alarmed by Trees dying a few days remaining to the Winter.

I think the above alarming system is much more fitting for DST, and less advanced in technology which is good for a Forest game.

Nonetheless if something like that gets added, it should be one of Winona's structures, but not warning the entire server, but some radius around the structure, and it should only warn about stuff catching fire.

Isn't we already have Thermometer for seasons and Rainometer for knowing when rains will hit? As Chesmy said there are oblivious signals about some things, thought i like the idea, its a bit pointless for now

On 3/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, Chesmu said:

The way things alarmed are by music themes, for example Deerclops incoming music, Bearger music, and such; The Winter is alarmed by Trees dying a few days remaining to the Winter.

I consider those "tier 1" warnings, the same way that torches are a tier 1 light source and running around burning saplings with torches is a tier 1 winter survival strategy. I'd like to see something in the game that gives you more time to prepare, and that works if you're in the caves or away from the forest.

I personally memorize seasonal changes (21, 36, 56, 71) , full moons (11, 31, 51, etc) and boss arrival days (deerclops: 30-31, bearger: not sure anymore, used to think it was 3-6 days into autumn), but I frequently get invested in what I'm doing and forget to prepare. This would solve that problem.

On 3/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, Chesmu said:

Nonetheless if something like that gets added, it should be one of Winona's structures, but not warning the entire server, but some radius around the structure, and it should only warn about stuff catching fire.

That would be an entirely different structure than what I'm suggesting.

30 minutes ago, QuQuasar said:

That would be an entirely different structure than what I'm suggesting.

Yup that's the only alarming system I can see fitting!

What if someone on the server doesn't want to receive warnings for situations and get surprised?

Spoiler

(And what if very few people actually want this? that's where client mods come in handy.)

That's what makes people die and laugh at their first experience with the game, it's especially good for streamers to be surprised; What about other group of people? well we can definitely handle situations and get used to it after playing for a while.

Not to mention some players (like me) at public servers serve as warning poles themselves lol, you will always see that guy announcing how much left of Autumn or if they need to create a Thermal Stone.

Archived