Why (ps4) & (X box) can't play the gorge and the forge

56 minutes ago, Rodd-Hunter said:

Because their main players are on the PC... 

They get everything, and we (console players) get some crumbs.... 

Thats the reason... 

Actually- those PC Players are playing those events through player created Mods, and it is NOT up to KLEI rather or Not PlayStation & Xbox gets mod content: It’s up to Sony & Microsoft.

And it’s unlikely us console players will ever get mod support, but that isn’t Klei’s fault- and Mods are also Unofficial game content and not really Klei’s job to make sure you are able to play it or not.

Im pretty sure that When/IF Klei decides to bring those modes back officially... that they will be playable across ALL consoles.

I wish they would add that content to the game permanently and when they want to do events themed around that content they can just set the event itself to being live while the content itself remains in game always- the rewards you get from said event: is only available during the actual event time.

(like Playing WintersFeast outside of Actual WintersFeast won’t have the WF’s increased loot drop chances)

2 hours ago, viberr said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

(sorry,i hear the word crumb and the only thing i think about is crumb's animations)

while we do only get crumbs 

lets be honest 

those are some good crumbs

Console players to the best of my knowledge never even got the chance to play the forge event- If I’m not mistaken that event happened in like what 2017? The game didn’t even release for Xbox until September of 2017 sooooo.. yah.

I think they Re-Ran Forge again in 2018- but if they did it’s something I never got to experience. 

And perhaps what upsets me most in all that is that Klei acknowledges Player created Mods in their Roadmap for these events, and meanwhile if your a CONSOLE player all you have to look at in your actual game itself is Skins, Vignettes & loading frames from events you never even got to enjoy.

I mean: I understand Joe’s reasoning as to Why they haven’t brought those modes back.. But personally I wish they can be handled like YoTC or WintersFeast (The player can toggle them on outside of their official event date and still enjoy the content, but without the associated increased loot drops or rewards.)

If Klei released the events in this manor: content that always exists in the game & accessible at any time then it would be as simple as when they actually WANT those events to be active: Updating them with the new Season of content (think new food types or enemy types) 

Unfortunately I don’t think bringing the events back would be that simple: I mean yes there’s mods for it: But unless Klei works a miracle and gets those particular mods approved for consoles then those who are not on PC are just out of luck.

I kinda wish if that content was never ever ever going to return: that they would pull all the loading screens & vignettes out of the game that makes me sad I missed those events.

But Nevertheless: Maybe Klei can provide that same type of content but in better ways than they have in the past.

For example: They have a whole bunch of Lava biomes & creatures such as Magma Golems all of which are assets from their Forge event & I for one would like to see the place Maxwell references added INTO the Game itself when examining a Redbird

his Quote: “They come from the Firelands”

So What exactly IS The Firelands Klei??? And Can you re-Use the forge content I never got to enjoy within them?

24 minutes ago, DamianArtist said:

Isn’t the new QOL beta on the pc doing exactly this? Wher your able to switch events, do more setting and options to your worlds? I’m pretty sure they are doing this and we have to wait for it to hit console 

Yes the new beta update atm will let us change world settings and revisit past events but only those that are part of the base game: winter's feast, hallowed nights and the year of events but not the gorge/forge.

Archived