Question about continuity and DLC 3 week updates

Just wondering will I have to star over every three weeks due to the DLC updates or will I be able to stay in the same game receiving the new updates?

I had to abandon a 700 cycles game because I didn´t have access to the new planets on the last dlc update.

One can only guess, but in my opinion you could ( in theory ) start a relative "solid" save game at the end of 2021 ( until another dlc may come, which would be great ).

However, you would have to determine yourself when you sometimes start fresh, its a kind of thrilling Russian Roulette.

image.png.bc1f21b470d8cde7011a3cfcf4e1c998.png Don`t kill the messenger, many thanks :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Gciniciato said:

Just wondering will I have to star over every three weeks due to the DLC updates or will I be able to stay in the same game receiving the new updates?

I had to abandon a 700 cycles game because I didn´t have access to the new planets on the last dlc update.

You basically need to restart whenever they add something new to the worldgen. Stuff like new planets or new resources won`t be present in old saves (resources can be add through sandbox though). Currently the game gets a lot of new content and a lot of worldgen changes so i expect that for the next few updates you`ll need to restart to have all the stuff.

It looks like they are getting closer to having all the planned content in but we still don`t have a temporal tear and the radioactive bees still aren`t implemented. Those might be 2 major things needing a restart when added i think.

Archived