Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

LazyVwj

New structure idea: Vacuum Flingomatic

Recommended Posts

Requirement to build: 2 gears / 2 stone bricks / Beefalo Horn

Requirement to use: Make a sign first and attach desired item you wish to be tossed there.

Action: Same width as the ice flingomatic. Sucks up all items on the ground within range and tosses them to a sign assigned with the item.

Now you can actually clean up your base with no problem instead of saying, "meh, I'll do it eventually."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2021 at 1:02 AM, LazyVwj said:

Requirement to build: 2 gears / 2 stone bricks / Beefalo Horn

Requirement to use: Make a sign first and attach desired item you wish to be tossed there.

Action: Same width as the ice flingomatic. Sucks up all items on the ground within range and tosses them to a sign assigned with the item.

Now you can actually clean up your base with no problem instead of saying, "meh, I'll do it eventually."


Don't like the idea of making everything automatic with advanced machinery!

Cleaning up is part of the game's fun for me. learning to place every item at designated chests and places is a required talent not only in DST, but in every game, even rl; By doing so you free yourself of having to it later in first place.

This idea has another problem: It could collect items that you accidentally or temporary drop (due to lack of inventory space) and you have to collect it from the sign every-time, that's a useless annoyance.

Maybe as a All-Clients_Required mod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chesmu said:


Don't like the idea of making everything automatic with advanced machinery!

Cleaning up is part of the game's fun for me. learning to place every item at designated chests and places is a required talent not only in DST, but in every game, even rl; By doing so you free yourself of having to it later in first place.

This idea has another problem: It could collect items that you accidentally or temporary drop (due to lack of inventory space) and you have to collect it from the sign every-time, that's a useless annoyance.

Maybe as a All-Clients_Required mod.

Its a turn off turn on machine lol, so theres no problem with it picking things up all the time genius. Also when it gets flung to a designated sign, its most likely that someone would make a chest right next to the sign stupid. Who the hell likes to clean up, no one in their right mind would agree with you about that.

Also, "places is a required talent" what the hell are you talking about lmfao. That doesn't even make any sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LazyVwj said:

Its a turn off turn on machine lol, so theres no problem with it picking things up all the time genius. Also when it gets flung to a designated sign, its most likely that someone would make a chest right next to the sign stupid. Who the hell likes to clean up, no one in their right mind would agree with you about that.

Also, "places is a required talent" what the hell are you talking about lmfao. That doesn't even make any sense.


Relax, you have to defend your content suggestion at forums before it gets passed into game, that's how we make sure it's worth it.

"learning to place every item at designated chests and places is a required talent." It's pretty simple: being organized.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chesmu said:


Relax, you have to defend your content suggestion at forums before it gets passed into game, that's how we make sure it's worth it.

"learning to place every item at designated chests and places is a required talent." It's pretty simple: being organized.

First of all, organization is not a talent and if you need to "learn" how to place items in a chest its meant for, then idk what to say. Secondly, its not "we" its the developers of the game. All "we" do is throw ideas for others to reflect on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LazyVwj said:

First of all, organization is not a talent and if you need to "learn" how to place items in a chest its meant for, then idk what to say. Secondly, its not "we" its the developers of the game. All "we" do is throw ideas for others to reflect on.

Being organized is a crucial talent even Irl, don't underestimate it.

Ofc it's "We", as a community we test and challenge each other's ideas or throw in our votes, at the end of the day we either made our content game-worthy, therefore considered by developers, or it remained as a mere idea/opinion; That's why you need to be relax about criticism at Forums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chesmu said:

Being organized is a crucial talent even Irl, don't underestimate it.

Ofc it's "We", as a community we test and challenge each other's ideas or throw in our votes, at the end of the day we either made our content game-worthy, therefore considered by developers, or it remained as a mere idea/opinion; That's why you need to be relax about criticism at Forums.

Your criticism is nothing but bad opinions and contradictions. Organization is not a talent and not at all crucial. "We" dont vote anything. We simply like or dislike other ideas, there is no voting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LazyVwj said:

Your criticism is nothing but bad opinions and contradictions. Organization is not a talent and not at all crucial. "We" dont vote anything. We simply like or dislike other ideas, there is no voting.

I can understand that, good criticism that hits the spot never fails to anger someone, even the greatest people, if requires talent to get past the anger and harvest the benefit from it.

Back to topic: Creating a whole new item just to collect your stuff on the ground is utter useless waste of developer time and money, which I give 1% chance of being even considered; If we all achieve talent of organization, to not mess things up at first place, we can actually save time and money.

Thanks for contributing to forums tho, keep it up.


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chesmu said:

I can understand that, good criticism that hits the spot never fails to anger someone, even the greatest people, if requires talent to get past the anger and harvest the benefit from it.

Back to topic: Creating a whole new item just to collect your stuff on the ground is utter useless waste of developer time and money, which I give 1% chance of being even considered; If we all achieve talent of organization, to not mess things up at first place, we can actually save time and money.

Thanks for contributing to forums tho, keep it up.


 

You are truly ignorant if you think you made any good criticism at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.