[Resolved] Cannot upload/update mods, please help I'm dying

h, I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue recently and knows how to beat the mod tools back into submission:

I'm in the midst of updating several mods which kind of need to be updated to work together, alas ds mod tools broke on me with this error message:

image.png.1d60f21ed57f9a1d8e5df88e827b672d.png

Pretty standard error message that doesn't tell you anything, so I went to the log for more details on why it failed:

13:38:44: Progress: Writing mod data file...
13:38:44: WriteFileToCloud() Writing [C:\Users\Leonardo\AppData\Local\Temp\modA31A.tmp] to [mod_publish_data_file.zip]
13:38:44: Steam file exists.
13:38:45: Steam FileWrite ok.
13:38:45: Start FileShare [mod_publish_data_file.zip] ...
13:38:45: Progress: Uploading mod data file...
13:40:49: OnShareModFileResult 
13:40:49:    EResult 16, ffffffffffffffff
13:40:49: EndProgress FAILED: Failed sharing mod data file.
13:40:49: MainFrame::OnUpdateComplete FAILED: Failed sharing mod data file.

Nothing too helpful here besides EResult being 16 (it was 10 before) but I don't know what these errors actually mean. I've looked through the log to see if it was having difficulty with any specific file... and nope, it zips everything just fine. I've tried uploading a new (basic 2-file mod) to see if I was just having trouble sending large mods to be uploaded. Alas, same error message. I've also tried the following:

• Restarting mod tools
  • Verifying file cache
  • Uninstalling/Reinstalling mod tools
  • Restarting PC
  • Restarting Internet
  • Changing Download Region

At some point there was a brief period where it fixed itself for seemingly no reason and I was able to update again. But it broke again shortly afterwards.

If anyone has any ideas of what I could try to make it work again, please let me know, I'm in a pretty awkward spot with these mods.

Update 2:37 PM

According to fellow modder hornet EResult 16 is timeout error, after some more tests it seems like after getting EResult 16, you are blocked from any further attempts (which results in EResult 10) for about 30-45 minutes. Still don't know why I'm getting the timeout as my internet, while not spectacular, should be more than sufficient to upload mods (30-35 mbps download, 1.75-2 mbps upload as of writing these). Will be attempting to change download region as a suggestion from someone.

ModUploader.log

Edited by Leonardo Cox
Included full log incase anyone wants to look at it
  • Sad 1

This is a bit far fetched, but what's the file size of your modinfo.lua? I read something in a post when I first started learning about how sometimes the mod tools can be finicky if stuff is too big, and while you're at it, whats the file size of your whole mod?

9 minutes ago, TheSkylarr said:

This is a bit far fetched, but what's the file size of your modinfo.lua? I read something in a post when I first started learning about how sometimes the mod tools can be finicky if stuff is too big, and while you're at it, whats the file size of your whole mod?

10kb is the filesize for all the modinfo.luas as expected.

The size of the mods I'm updating varies greatly from 10mb to 120mb (not compressed, current mod is 22mb). There is a workshop filesize limit, but these mods do not reach these heights (the update actually reduces the filesize since its carrying optimizations, so its definitely not filesize cap ).

Updating the OP with a bit more information that I've found in just a sec.

10 hours ago, laifeimeng said:

i have a similar problem, it says that error happened while uploading the preview image.

what does the EResult 9 mean?

e1.thumb.jpg.45b8331bfb5025327efc9fc4b95c6550.jpg

According to this thread, this happens when you try to update the same mod twice in a row, either try changing the image a little bit, any amount will do, as tiny as just a 1 pixel color change, as long as the data is technically different, or try updating a different mod first.

2 hours ago, TheSkylarr said:

According to this thread, this happens when you try to update the same mod twice in a row, either try changing the image a little bit, any amount will do, as tiny as just a 1 pixel color change, as long as the data is technically different, or try updating a different mod first.

Thanks, i have changed my image and the modinfo.lua file last time, though it performs well while uploading the image, i still get problem. by the way, where can i get the list of errors and their solutions?

e1.jpg.31bbfe0217095f9afac31e4fb91173cc.jpg

Oh, I thought I had linked to the thread before, there isn't an exact list on the subject, but the thread below is where I got my information.

EDIT: Also, unrelated but it's generally better to either post your log snippets in a code block

Like one of these

or via uploading the log file directly. Sometimes having the whole log is nice, or just having the text directly on the post helps other people find a solution if they have the same problem.

Edited by TheSkylarr