Minecraft mods and modpacks

Terra B Welch

Just curious, anyone here into minecraft mods? I've been working on a 1.12.2 modpack myself, also having played a few modpacks on curseforge like Sevtech: Ages and All The Mods 3 Remix.

I know some people here play minecraft, with @ADM having talked about a vanilla minecraft server for some of the forumites to play on.

Personally I've given up on vanilla minecraft, but minecraft modding has always been something I've found fun, and have been curious if anyone else here is into that stuff.

3 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

I mainly made this thread out of curiosity, but also because I've been working on my own modpack, 

yeah you already mentioned in the main post that you're working on a modpack:lol:

so what kind of modpack is it anyways?

tech related? or exploration related?or automation related?or something else entirely?

1 hour ago, viberr said:

wow!

thats really cool

how many mods will be included with it?

It's a pretty heavy modpack, Just look at the mod count in the lower left of the image, granted half of them are library mods but still, my mod pack is a heavy one and a lower end PC would have problems with it.

One of the first mods that the player will be intoduced to in the mod pack however is Reskillable, as many other mods and whatnot in the pack will be effectively locked behind getting certain skills to certain thresholds.

6 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

It's a pretty heavy modpack, Just look at the mod count in the lower left of the image, granted half of them are library mods but still, my mod pack is a heavy one and a lower end PC would have problems with it.

One of the first mods that the player will be intoduced to in the mod pack however is Reskillable, as many other mods and whatnot in the pack will be effectively locked behind getting certain skills to certain thresholds.

will there be any custom mods that are created by you?

will there by anything special in you modpack that seperates it from other modpacks?

1 minute ago, viberr said:

will there be any custom mods that are created by you?

will there by anything special in you modpack that seperates it from other modpacks?

Not necessarilly custom mods per se, but I am using a fair few mods that allow the modpack creator to add their own stuff, like I am using crafttweaker to edit recipes and the modpack has modular machinery which allows me to make my own machines. Apart from that though it's a modpack, which of course means it's a bunch of mods put together.

Currently the modpack is private, but once it's done I will release it to curseforge where mod creators will be credited and all that.

Archived