Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Reading the new summer topic made me thing about the problem with iceflingomatics. They are pretty strong stopping fires and a cheese machine but a blackhole of resources to protect a base, even an small one

What i suggest is to change the way of how iceflingomatics consume fuel. If they dont waste fuel or not that much when they are on but not throwing ice and making them waste more fuel when they are throwing ice. In this way, unloaded iceflingomatics will keep their fuel instead of being wasted for nothing and the player can see how much fuel they are wasting since fires on screen (not enterily true but that is other topic) so there is more control on how much fuel the iceflingo needs since you are seeing how much is wasting when is trying to stop the fire

Also this will balance cheesing since the player will need an interaction to refuel the iceflingomatic to keep the permafreeze on a boss which with the system we have is pretty cheap since those builds doesnt waste fuel for being 24/7 throwing ice

Honestly I never have a problem with it- if I need fuel petrified forest trees provide the Nitre for it.

It would be nice if it had an instant off/on mode: where it doesn’t use energy if no fires are around.

maybe a slightly large protection radius (but not too big)

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly I never have a problem with it- if I need fuel petrified forest trees provide the Nitre for it.

It would be nice if it had an instant off/on mode: where it doesn’t use energy if no fires are around.

maybe a slightly large protection radius (but not too big)

is just an idea to make it less grindy for huge bases. At the end iceflingomatics waste resources even without doing nothing, in this way they will waste when they are doing their job

For my part Ice flingo fuel consumption is not really a problem. I try to set up my base so as I don't need more than 3-7, even for huge bases. And I save glommer goop the whole year and use it as fuel to refuel the flingos, it's very effective and I didn't find any better use for this pink "thing".