Survey on Wigfrid gameplay preferences

Survey on Wigfrid gameplay preferences  

76 members have voted

1. 1. When playing as Wigfrid, which option best describes your use of Battle Songs?

• I try to craft almost all of the stagecraft items.
    • I have a select few battle songs (1-4) and exclusively craft them, not bothering to engage with other songs.
    • I never play as Wigfrid.
    • I don't engage with the battle songs at all, ignoring the mechanism.
  2. 2. If you're using the battle songs, please pick the options apply to you.

• I pick different songs for different battles, cycling through different songs throughout my gameplay.
    • I always stick to certain songs and use the same songs in battles.
    • I only use continuous-effect songs [Weaponized Warble, Heartrending Ballad, Clear Minded Cadenza, Bel Canto of Courage, Fireproof Falsetto]
    • I only employ instant-use songs [Rude Interlude, Startling Soliloquy]
    • I don't use the battle songs.
  3. 3. Do you agree with any of these criticisms towards the battle songs mechanism?

• Stagecraft items are too expensive to craft.
    • Inspiration meter is hard to fill and maintain.
    • Battle songs are too situational.
    • The battle songs mechanism is too complex.
    • Some songs are useless.
    • I think the battle song mechanism is fine.
    • I don't have an opinion on this matter.
  4. 4. Which battle songs do you use?

• Weaponized Warble
    • Heartrending Ballad
    • Clear Minded Cadenza
    • Bel Canto of Courage
    • Fireproof Falsetto
    • Rude Interlude
    • Startling Soliloquy
    • This question does not apply to me.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is also not relevant to the topic, but to each their own I guess

Is wigfrid related and my opinion about why she doesnt need buffs to fight small mobs, not a wall text filled with off topic stuff

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Like in a Basic day to day play session (aka casually strolling around the map doing stuff like clearing out spider dens, fighting Pigmen, going at sea to kill cookie cutters etc) The Inspiration Meter is absolutely horrible: and it only sees use when fighting some large fearsome-ish foe.

For 1 pig is useless, for many not. The same for all the other fights. Also, the songs are only trully useful in boss fights because klei wanted to give her a useful thing for late game where she was less important and to make her important in boss fights that is a good amount of the content and task of this game.

If you want to use it for small mobs try to fight spiders in the forest or pig village, the soliloquy works fine and the but she already have very good perks for that. And, since this isnt an arpg or a moba and she is already strong, having scrolls that doesnt need inspiration will not fit the game neither the rework (since she needs inspiration to sing well) and will make her even easier

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

high crafting costs

Any of them have high cost and less if we take in count that are infinity durability items that gives free stats and crowd control

Aoe free healing, aoe sanity and less insanity aura effect and 25% duration on weapons  for free is a huge deal in terms of farming resources add the crowd control to avoid being hit that often in fights like beequeen

personally Wigfrid is one of my favorite characters. she looks amazing. plays amazing and can help the team a lot. and due to her vinged victory skin i've started using marble suites more then before(to make her a party tank) XD

the only 2 songs i don't use is fireproof falsetto(it's just useless imho. and i feeli it's missing damage buff to be useful) and rude interlude(i prefer startling soliloquy in every situation. also it's lacking damage reduction buff to make it worth while. cus you're not encouraged to taunt and get hit. especially in solo play). others are great even if you're solo. and they become even better when you're with party. especially Heartrending ballad and Clear minded cadenza + Bel Canto of Courage combo(those are my default picks when i don't need AOE crowd control from soliloquy) .

i do agree that some of the song are more difficult to obtain(moon moth require sailing which i kinda hate. and thulecite require ruins rush). but on the other hand unless you die you have infinite uses of it. so it shouldn't matter that much.

Archived