Beefalo Bell feedback

I think the beefalo bell is an amazing addition. i cant believe we can now pick stuff while riding a beefalo and bring them with us through wormholes and even to the caves and they follow you after you teleport with the staff. The map icon for domesticated beefalo is also really really appreciated. 

One thing i do not like at all about the bell however is that it changes the Beefalo's behavior when you unmount it. 

Without the bell in your inventory

• the beefalo does nothing, it stays where it was when u unmounted. 

With the bell in your inventory,

• the beefalo instantly runs away when you unmount it to a certain distance away from you. It also runs away sometimes when you're trying to feed it right after unmounting. This kind of behavior can be extremely detrimental in the middle of combat. 

-----

I recall Woby has this same bad behavior of running away from you when you unmount. Im very confused as to why this was added to Beefalo. 

Im happy this can at least be avoided by dropping the bell when you intend to dismount in combat but i really think this behavior should not be a thing. its very annoying

-----

I think it could also be nice if the beefalo stayed around the bell when its dropped on the ground similar to glommer/chester and their items.

When you try to change the saddle right after unmounting, sometimes, because the beef instantly runs away from you, your character will do the "putting down" animation for the saddle but because the beef is running you will slide along with the beef unable to do anything until the sliding randomly stops and the saddle finally gets put on.

please remove the beefalo running away behavior...  

Archived