The Everything-Tamer

3 hours ago, sheaker said:

Ok, I think I need Your explanation:
obraz.png.d9e4b99274f6d970ce5f231f4e6393a1.png

It is cold damage.

obraz.png.955cf4c9a7b2c24f4dadd1cd6b44b113.png

I ain't happy so far. Damn... I started building it more than 500 cycles ago.

Which type of pipes did you use for the broken segment? They got to be insulated (important)!

How is this aligned with:

On 1/22/2021 at 12:14 AM, MooChiChi said:

The following build uses the fact, that a change in the state of aggregation within a pipe will not cause broken pipes, as long the amount is 1000g or less.

and description of first chamber:

On 1/22/2021 at 12:14 AM, MooChiChi said:

the insulated pipes (ceramic) do not reach more than 35 °C

?

Ok. I am sorry. I overreacted.

I think there is something not clear to me in the piping of chamber 1. Could You, please, support me with screenshot of piping in chamber one but without any sensors, pumps and valves? You could build it anywhere and just show the piping layer.

@sheaker

No problem mate. The input material shouldn't be able to change any significant amount in temperature, before arriving in the steam chamber (where it will be definitely 1000g or less). If I see correctly, you've used normal pipes, instead of (ceramic) insulated pipes - therefore the input material exchanges heat drastically and cause broken pipes.

PipesOverlay.jpg

Hello. It crashed after some time:
obraz.thumb.png.a3cdc085a6f13f894bfeea5bc8e25b9e.png

8.1kg of iron natural tile seems strange to me.

What I did wrong?

On this image (loaded 5 cycles earlier) I see that the liquid iron is forming above, not inside mesh tile. I think it is incorrect?

obraz.png.c65918cf37b94bdeebe6ee85929de36c.png

What is going on here? Why it does not solidify?obraz.thumb.png.dc14110c7135daf84514525e10b2929a.png

Gas:
obraz.thumb.png.eefdeb734f2089c4e1e961bd9a16e710.png

Liquid:
obraz.thumb.png.1f8c545a9fd48c15017019e11f587f8a.png

@sheaker

I know this issue from my sulfur geyser tamer build, but TIL it can also happen to this build too. There is nothing you have done wrong. It's an annoying bug.

Explantation:

Natural Tile Issue And How To Avoid It

Hide contents

When it comes to the design for the drop off, there is basically only one choice: liquid vent - at least one tile free space - mesh tile - solid tile

mYQCAHn.jpg

The reason for this is the fact, that every liquid that should actually be solid, will remain in liquid state, till it hits a solid tile and change into debris. According to the first three scenarios, the liquid can be in free fall in the following places, while game is being saved:

UE5kSKJ.jpg

A reload under these circumstances would result in the formation of natural tiles - unless a mesh tile prevents this.

fBY7kqw.jpg

Sadly, this knowledge will not help you to avoid this problem. I've already reported this as a bug: Permanent Vacuum Tile

Until Klei takes care of it, you (and I) have to build a robo-miner in the drop-off chamber to work around the problem..., sigh...

However, I'm sorry for the inconveniences. I know you've put a lot of effort into it. Here is the proper solution:

Alternative.jpg

The conversion is quite unproblematic. But: Do this while volcano is dormant. There must be no liquid metal in the pipes during conversion!

IMPORTANT!

EDIT: You have to replace the vacuum tile first with a solid one (and than deconstruct it again). Otherwise the game will handle it like a solid vacuum tile, and no gas nor liquid can fill the space.

Archived