Permanent Vacuum Tile

MooChiChi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello friends,

I had to open my sulfur-geyser tamer once again today, because an annoying permanent vacuum appeared in a mesh tile:

2cGMiJm4_o.jpg

The vaccum is treated like a solid tile and cannot be filled with gas or liquid. Furthermore it still exists after reloading the game. The only way to remove it, is replacing it with a solid tile and deconstructing the solid tile afterwards.

How this phenomena occurs, I've described here:

Natural Tile Issue And How To Avoid It

Hide contents

When it comes to the design for the drop off, there is basically only one choice: liquid vent - at least one tile free space - mesh tile - solid tile

mYQCAHn.jpg

The reason for this is the fact, that every liquid that should actually be solid, will remain in liquid state, till it hits a solid tile and change into debris. According to the first three scenarios, the liquid can be in free fall in the following places, while game is being saved:

UE5kSKJ.jpg

A reload under these circumstances would result in the formation of natural tiles - unless a mesh tile prevents this.

fBY7kqw.jpg

The problem can be reconstructed in sandbox-mode, but the vacuum will be proper filled with gas and is not permanent.

I've also described another odd issue with this build here:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/125774-odd-geyser-math-issue/

Is there any hope of a solution? It's definitely less fun when more and more things don't work as they should :-(

Kind regards

Steps to Reproduce

Load savefile.

Underground Utopia.sav

• Like 1

User Feedback

Are you sure that isn't solid sulfur inside a mesh tile. What does the debug sample tool say?

Share this comment

6 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

Are you sure that isn't solid sulfur inside a mesh tile. What does the debug sample tool say?

Save file is attached, check it out. I solved the problem afterwards with a robo-miner.

Share this comment