Algae - consumption stasis in CO2 and light in terrarium and sugar!

Give and take - I know, I'm at odds with the rapid consumption of algae in the game. I prefer to think of the whole process as a metabolic one that is later made manifest in the carbon skimmer building. This requires CO2 to be present. And it seems like a redundant technology that eats away at your algae.

It seems like the terrarium would grow algae but I digress from that - it seems too obvious. Perhaps it should conditionally consume CO2 and produce byproducts conditionally as well. It takes an absurd number of these to support duplicants outright. So, being lit and in CO2 would result in stasis of algae consumption while water, CO2 and light are converted to... polluted water, or sucrose!

These numbers just don't seem fair for the terrarium. It would be a good biological building to have that could produce sucrose from common sense sources.

Polluted sugar water! ...where I come from they call this molasses.

Any thoughts?

I was thinking about a machine produce algae similar to how it happens in nature. The machine would require piped water, CO2 and sunlight + an initial input of algae when constructed. It would slowly grow algae, consume CO2 and produce polluted water (a little more than it intakes).

Originally i thought about such a thing as an explaination for dupes staying in the rocket infinitely in the vanilla game but it could also find it`s place in the dlc.

I might as well pose a minor question regarding algae terrariums here...

Being in light boosts their "efficiency" by 10%, however, we only see that boost in O2 production. So here: why doesn't this boost also apply to CO2 consumption?

On 1/19/2021 at 10:33 PM, The Plum Gate said:

Polluted sugar water! ...where I come from they call this molasses.

Thought that was "Cocacoala" (purposely misspelled...)

On 1/19/2021 at 10:33 PM, The Plum Gate said:

Give and take - I know, I'm at odds with the rapid consumption of algae in the game.

I agree. Pufts don't poop nearly enough, period.

Archived