Maybe i`m missing something but there doesn`t seem to be renewable salt water in the current version of the dlc. We got brine in the swamp start but no salt water. It`s a problem since waterweed requires it as irrigation. Without a source or a way to partially desalinate brine farming waterweed isn`t possible for too long (only until the small reserves on the warp asteroid run out).

Indeed. I intended to do something waterweed but postponed it until i can get salt water to the colony. But apparently salt water cannot be produced at all so this is a dead end. A geyser is maybe one thing, but there should definitively be ways to create bine and salt water out of salt and water... i mean in reality that's quite trivial because salt dissolved in water on its own but apparently impossible in ONI. So that's weird and again deprives the player of options.

18 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

Not possible to make salt water by contaminating water with brine?

I wish it was but as the game stands we would need a machine for that. Currently we got no way to put salt back into water either. Might be a cool idea for the devs to add a creature excreting salt water.

7 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I wish it was but as the game stands we would need a machine for that. Currently we got no way to put salt back into water either. Might be a cool idea for the devs to add a creature excreting salt water.

One of the Pacu crittermorphs perhaps.

I was also thinking of machines. If they added it as a recipe to stations like the juicer or the ( coffee maker ), it might sit nicely in there.

Otherwise, I would consider the algae distillery is a prime candidate for other recipes down the road as well. Just thinking about buildings with existing liquid ports.

Technically the desalination processor should be able to partially desalinate via mode switch.

On 1/8/2021 at 5:02 PM, The Plum Gate said:

Technically the desalination processor should be able to partially desalinate via mode switch.

I second this solution for its ease.

Though having salt water dripping salt vines would be super cool too.  feed water and salt, drip salt water? just a thought.

2 hours ago, ONI-FAN said:

I second this solution for its ease.

Though having salt water dripping salt vines would be super cool too.  feed water and salt, drip salt water? just a thought.

They will probably have to revisit the plant or the resource. If the rock crusher is anything to behold, then the salt we can dig up is mostly sand - so there's that bit taken from the processing of salt.

Archived