Cursor sampling for RGB lights. mod or game mechanic

i just got trough a few docs coming with the corsair icue software. It is possible to have the lights of my rgb components in sync with a wallpaper trough wallpaper engine and some C++...i dont know Sh*t about coding (Yet!) i am wondering if while i play Oni my mouse cursor could send colors values of what i point ,or samples of what i see on screen to my corsair (RGB) software or else. in fact Corsair have game integration with like 5 games working in total.

it is a silly topic but i got nothing else to do. my pc is lit all sorts of crazy colors. having them match the colors of the tiles/gazes of Oni would be very cool 

i dont know if this belong in modding at all, i am sorry if this belong somewhere else.

I think your best bet is to use network pipes ( sockets ), to communicate between programs.

You can have your ONI MOD send this information to the network socket ( is just a special file ) - and then have a custom program read this information from the socket and react appropriately ( it would use the corsair API ).

The idea behind color spampling would be an appropriate time delay between sampling and sending. This should also probably be generalized to the cell and not to the single pixel the mouse is pointing at. The other problem that might arise is that the cursor is a soft cursor and doesn't show up in screen shots. So there's going to be more looking at what the cursor is seeking to display with tool tips.

I think the best approach would be to assess the values that the cursor is going to look at and create a pallet to display according to this.

Also, depending on how complex this becomes or how the game actually handles the cursor, it may be easier to use the windows api to gather the sample color - in which case you wouldn't need to mod the game at all - perhaps just run it borderless fullscreen and write your app to communicate with iCue.

Archived