Using the soda fountain.

Its plugged in, and piped.

And obviously there's a loose end with the gas bottle dispenser  - it looks like we're loosing 21kg of CO2 every time a duplicant picks up a bottle out of the gas bottle dispenser to deliver to the 4kg of CO2 to the soda fountian - they grab 4000g and the rest of the gas bottle vanishes and the bottling machine reloads?

How long has this been in the game like this?

I found the workaround was to empty the contents of the bottle dispenser several times and then disable the bottling building. This leaves a pile of CO2 bottles in front of it that they can take 4kg from at random without any gas losses.

And...

Anyone else notice the use time for this is impractical? I thought the least that would happen was that they would walk around the break room with the bottle. But they stand in one place slamming soda water half the night, its kind of funny.

I think with these high power draw buildings that they could at least produce bottled drinks - as if some one dupe might make several drinks as if it were a que oriented machine with several items produced. ( production control )

That would open up the possibility of recipes. I'm all for that - with soda water being a bottom tier item.

I had a different issue with the building. Multiple times dupes didn`t recognize we have bottled CO2 despite the bottle dispenser being full. There were no errands and a "insufficient resources" message. It only fixed itself after emptying the dispenser.

As for the time dupes take to use the recreation stations the bottle dispenser is still pretty fast when compared to the wind tunnel or hot tub. I found out that it`s much better to give dupes free time in the morning rather than before bed so they don`t lose sleep. They waste some worktime but i can live with that.

3 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

the bottle dispenser is still pretty fast when compared to the wind tunnel or hot tub

Did you ever put beach chairs? They would spend half a day sunbathing :D 

Spoiler

It is +8 morale though...

sunbath1.thumb.png.c15b8c6bf510a116f30e8f6e9fbda2ad.png

3 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

- it looks like we're loosing 21kg of CO2 every time a duplicant picks up a bottle out of the gas bottle dispenser to deliver to the 4kg of CO2 to the soda fountian

I thought they took 10kg from the canister filler (a full bottle) and put it in patches to the fountain (4+4+2). Did not pay much attention to be honest... They consumed some of the overflowing CO2 so it was fine. I haven't put any soda fountains in the DLC yet to check

6 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Did you ever put beach chairs? They would spend half a day sunbathing :D 

Yeah this one too. But at least it counts as sleeping (i think) so you could let them stay there instead of going to bed.

Just now, Sasza22 said:

But at least it counts as sleeping

Nope! They fall like flies the next day... and sleep for 4-5 hours (slots of schedule) exhausted. I think Francis John made them sleep first and sunbath later in order to counter that

I had to dump the CO2 bottle on the ground before they started taking the 4kg. I never made a note of what happened at the station, I just watched the dupe grab a 4kg bit of co2 from a 25kg bottle - and then the rest of the bottle vanished.

The dupe was only carrying the 4kg of CO2, and only made one delivery. The machine might be capable of storing more than that, but the issue here is more of the urgency-filling delivery and what's going on with the bottles stored in the bottle disenser after the get ejected and only part of the mass is taken.

It's requesting filling when good enough if its got the capacity ( then it should be some multiple of the use amount and not some fraction of it ).

I didn't know there was a wind tunnel - I really need to go through the research tree!

Archived