How can I fix input delay when I have caves enabled?

When I don't have caves enabled, the game runs just fine, but with them enabled I have an input delay of about half a second. Is there any way to fix this since caves are pretty important. My specs don't seem to be the problem since my pc can run the game just fine, the problem seems to be my internet. Is there any way I can run the caves without making a seperate server?

The problem is not your internet, the game is hosted on your own computer (at least if DST works like every other game I've played). I assume you're able to properly run the game but not properly able to run the game and a dedicated server at the same time. 

Short answer you can't fix it. It is not dependent on your computer nor your internet speed, unlike what most here seem to believe.

It's a bad quirk. It's how the engine handles keeping track of two separate multiplayer worlds and links them to eachother.

Why this is necessary for DST I cannot tell you, seeing as how DS1 does not have this problem.

You could try this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2283416213

Archived