Issue with the Avatar Frames

HereBeJimbo

Hello! I noticed the same thing and was going to make a post about it. In my case I got the Oil avatar  frame, while I found it to be awesome, there are two things annoying me about it. The first one is the one you talked about, a bit of the default frame appearing under it and the second one, that is specific to the Oil frame, is that it doesn't fit the sides of the profile picture as well as the Blood or Hot lava frames, especially the bottom part.

OilFrame.gif.0d5e5940fe2fba8ebb5c15c2527b91f0.gif image.png.ba60599c9dbe66b24010dae51729b0bd.png

While It is a nitpick, It not fitting the profile picture well makes it look like the Oil is floating around the picture and not dripping from it. It would be awesome if someone could take a look at this in the future!

Edit: this is probably what it looks like for people on the friendlist.

OilFrameMini.gif.1ab8781aa07a52e0803d38633dd14848.gif

Having the same issues with all the avatar frames made by KLEI. I don't know if these frames always have to go over the default Steam frame, or if the default frame was used as a guideline and left by mistake in the submitted frames, either way, please fix them.

What's worse is, when you actually preview the frames (before you buy), it doesn't show you these issues, until you equip them on your profile. Even the preview you have on the "Edit profile" screen looks good, which makes me think this may be more of a Steam problem (having the default frame hardcoded into the profile overview, or something).

I tried to find anything about this problem on Steam forums, but to no avail and even if it is a Steam problem, I don't think Valve will care enough to fix it. Hopefully I'm wrong...

Archived