Rockets can be used as Makeshift Warp Pipes

If you get a destructive dupe to 100% stress and let them break the walls of two adjacent rockets, you can use an auto sweeper to transfer materials from one to the other. This can be very useful as a makeshift warp pipe for the farther out planetoids, since you can keep a rocket on your main base and transfer materials to the one on your new base. 

I have a fully sustainable rocket design in sandbox mode that uses lumber for O2 and Pacus/Pokeshell for food, so I will use this to hopefully excavate the Niobium planet.

55 minutes ago, ghkbrew said:

Do you have a picture of that in action? I thought there was a wall of neutronium between worlds.

It can't be done directly between the planets, but rocket modules spawn next to each other with no neutronium, so you can bring materials between the rockets.

5 hours ago, Asmethic said:

If you get a destructive dupe to 100% stress and let them break the walls of two adjacent rockets, you can use an auto sweeper to transfer materials from one to the other. This can be very useful as a makeshift warp pipe for the farther out planetoids, since you can keep a rocket on your main base and transfer materials to the one on your new base. 

I have a fully sustainable rocket design in sandbox mode that uses lumber for O2 and Pacus/Pokeshell for food, so I will use this to hopefully excavate the Niobium planet.

I have managed to setup a forward base on the niobium plan et but it's not fully sustainable - I need to import food and lumber.
Here's a screenshot of it so farimage.thumb.png.4057012e51c12aed2eb0cc325f86b99a.png

Just to elaborate. Im going to use lumber, ethanol distillers and petrol generators to generate stupid amounts of CO2 to fuel up my rockets.

Archived