Tile Frameworks and Wild Replants

It would be kind of nice to be able to put a natural tile back, and then plant wild again. Or, eventually, have a different type of farm tile to grow certain organics in such as algea or slime.

I think a tile framework for rebuilding a natural mineral or organic tile would be a nice addition.

This framework would behave like a non industrial farm tile. Its fill contents would be two-fold an organic or mineral, and optionally a plant.

The initial building material the framework could be of consequence to the resultant fill materials - where building out of minerals would allow minerals, organics would allow organics, and advanced materials such as metal or ceramics would allow the growth of plants and base tiles such as slime or algea, and at least the decorative plants.

Some configurations would allow a natural tile to be put back into a natural tile state - the losses here would obviously occur on dig-out - one would have to put back in the default amount of mineral a tile of that type is based on.

there is a mod for that and I am thinking to use the mod (that is the only mod I am considering to go for). Every game I have to carefully dig natural tiles as I use them later for pip planting wild plants. Too much planning beforehand and very restricted in some cases. But I doubt Klei will allow it in the game - too cheesy. There are some in-game mechanics to make natural tiles, I tried them and did not like.

I don`t think it would hurt to make artificial tiles and fill them with dirt. As long as they use the same rules as natural tiles. Just make it require a certain tech. Then they would require a pip to plant stuff. Would make parks and nature preserves buildable later int he game.

4 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I don`t think it would hurt to make artificial tiles and fill them with dirt. As long as they use the same rules as natural tiles. Just make it require a certain tech. Then they would require a pip to plant stuff. Would make parks and nature preserves buildable later int he game.

This exactly.

Some tile framework, or agriculture tile that has no deliverable storage.

Likewise, some that do, but allow you to grow algae or slime.

And, as for natural tiles, something structural or a formwork of some kind that gets replaced once everything is where it should be.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:26 PM, The Plum Gate said:

This exactly.

Some tile framework, or agriculture tile that has no deliverable storage.

Likewise, some that do, but allow you to grow algae or slime.

And, as for natural tiles, something structural or a formwork of some kind that gets replaced once everything is where it should be.

I love it.  just uses some default of ore for baling/scaffolding and then whatever quantity of good makes a tile.  keep it simple.  The metal baling/scaffolding starts empty on the tile and then disappears once it gets filled with the contents.

Archived