[SUGGESTION] Implement a mod that allows to change item textures from DST to DS

Oh...hello everyone

This will be probably my first and last post in this section. I'm aware about the chances are remote (DS is dying, DST is far better, bla bla bla), but in deep of my heart (and others DS players heart i hope) i'd like to convince myself there's still a chance to do that. I'm not a programmer, no even a modder, so that's only a suggestion.

It would be awesome to have some mod to change vanilla item textures with DST item textures. There're so many, but don't get me wrong, i'm talking about those who are already present in DS Vanilla. You can see some examples in these images. 

If you're going to say something like "you can just buy and play in DST to get them". Nope, this is not the point. DST is intended for online games with other players. It's different from DS. There're no possibilities to change them in single player games unless you drawn them by yourself, putting into .rar archive with .tex format. It would be a immense job. Let me know your thoughts.

Best regards

A DS player

campfire.PNG

torch.PNG

shovel.PNG

roll.PNG

ice_staff.PNG

hammer.PNG

dart.PNG

spear.PNG

I agree with you. Ds is really good game with shipwreck and hamlet. They are very different, specific, new. I couldnt find the right word. But after Dst it feels lonely (even i play dst alone) i dont know why. But it makes you feel abandoned. Klei, please hear our voices. I know there are mods for item skins but please can you give life to Ds. I understand why all new and good contents goes to dst but Ds has really good potential. You bring things from ds to dst. You can do the same for ds too. All character and item skins, events like year of the gobblers, hallowed nights or winter feats. I also like boss statues and that moon pool (forgot the name). Saying again i believe a lot of player play dst alone like me. But why dst gets a lot of new upgrades but ds not. Please Klei team. Give life to Ds. Make it alive. It has really good dlcs. If you sell bundle of dst upgrades for ds, i promise i will buy it. We need some color.

Edit. Also again in my opinion shipwreck and hamlet contents are better than all dst works.

On 12/25/2020 at 12:59 AM, jacques said:

I agree with you. Ds is really good game with shipwreck and hamlet. They are very different, specific, new. I couldnt find the right word. But after Dst it feels lonely (even i play dst alone) i dont know why. But it makes you feel abandoned. Klei, please hear our voices. I know there are mods for item skins but please can you give life to Ds. I understand why all new and good contents goes to dst but Ds has really good potential. You bring things from ds to dst. You can do the same for ds too.

i know what you mean and i agree with you. i stopped watching DST streams because it makes me sad to see all those awesome updates and fresh reworks for characters etc and i don't understand why not even parts of it get implemented in DS.

I'm really happy hamlet finally came to switch version to be fair. i love what klei is doing to DST and would just wish to get at least parts of this on DS!

much love to everyone and take care

Archived