When playing in the closed beta I started a few worlds and generally had no major issue since I'm a long time veteran of ONI. Since early release version starting biome seems very dirt poor every time. Actually there seems to be little no variety in the starting biome, it generally it's the same starting area every time. Same oxylite and sand near the pod, some of the same water pockets and cavern locations, and very dirt poor.

It's way too uncomfortably tight on setting up the base and stabilizing while researching the press and also expanding imo. Especially since priorities seem partially bugged again, like in the past on occasion, and don't always seem to work they way they should. My dupes ignore the spinner sometimes unless its on "!!". Other priorities seem jacked sometimes too and with almost 1.7k hours in ONI I am positive it's the game. I think the starting area dirt generation should be doubled or probably tripled for proper balance and ease of exploration through the new content.

Odd I dont have issues with Dirt because of all the Mud.  Just process the mud and the Polluted Dirt in Compost to make dirt.

Now I have noticed that research seems to take a LOT of dirt. 50kg per point.  I actually dont know if that is what the base game uses or not.  But its a lot for Spaced Out. 

1 hour ago, tulkusiii said:

Odd I dont have issues with Dirt because of all the Mud.  Just process the mud and the Polluted Dirt in Compost to make dirt.

Now I have noticed that research seems to take a LOT of dirt. 50kg per point.  I actually dont know if that is what the base game uses or not.  But its a lot for Spaced Out. 

I fell very rushed to make the spinner and I ignore polluted dirt till I make a chorine room. It's reasonable to not have to need those for  the first 40-50 cycles and I can't get more than 20-30 pretty much ever. Maybe it's just bad luck with seeds but it's a sample size of at least a half dozen of more.

Before it wasn't an issue but with the release regular dirt seems substantially reduced. One thing I have always liked about the game is that the balance doesn't force you into a course you have to take and leaves lots of room for your play style or challenge style play throughs. Running out of minable dirt to use in 20-30 cycles doesn't give that option and I feel forced to concentrate on researching and running the press and pipes for it or dupes die.

2 hours ago, tulkusiii said:

It's always been like that. You just don't notice it. But even Spaced Out has a lot of dirt. On the swamp asteroid you just have to work for it more. Which is fine. Maybe some spawns have less than others, but I've never had issues with it. There is also more dirt up near space.

Dirt in the base game:

https://youtu.be/_uzztB9giVc?list=PLS-hAL3jgjOuSxGBVzTbdJu0fn6wpEFw9&t=376

Archived