Plug Slug OP?

I bought the DLC yesterday and I do have comments on the UI and the missing mods, but will wait a bit for those.
The plug slug however is WAAAY to OP in my opinion.
400w per night cycle and its easy to hook all of them up.
I have 8-10 I think and with enough batteries its like having a coal generator running flat out for free at around cycle ~20.

Maybe they want to lean into power production from critters, not sure.
But we already have so many options to generate power and nothing to do with it.
A few ranches of plugslugs and you literally dont need anything else.

Suggestion, why not 40w for wild?
Its still free, you still get meat and lime, so its not a bad deal.

OMG, no, stop!

Slugs were already nerfed a lot. They eat non-renewable ores and they must be happy to provide power. At this point I don't think that setting slug ranch is a good solution... It would be really hard to ensure long-run with those...

Yes, they are good for early game, first few cycles, but they are not OP. In fact, they IMO should be somehow buffed, probably by making power-consuming morphs and allowing them to eat renewable resources (either refined metals or giving us renewable source of ores)

I love how we got 1 thread clainimg they are OP and one that they`re useless right next to each other. Overall most people agree that they are useful in the earlygame where you got abundant metal ore and they can save some dupe time if left wild and fed from time to time (requires you to set up extra batteries though). Later in the game when your power needs go higher the ore cost is too high and efficiency too low so you should move to higher tech options. They still can probably work as a power source for rockets with some ore lef on the ground.

11 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I love how we got 1 thread clainimg they are OP and one that they`re useless right next to each other. Overall most people agree that they are useful in the earlygame where you got abundant metal ore and they can save some dupe time if left wild and fed from time to time (requires you to set up extra batteries though). Later in the game when your power needs go higher the ore cost is too high and efficiency too low so you should move to higher tech options. They still can probably work as a power source for rockets with some ore lef on the ground.

I guess I`m really minimal when it comes to my bases` energy needs :D

53 minutes ago, alexkuzmov said:

I guess I`m really minimal when it comes to my bases` energy needs :D

You can last a long time with minimal power but once you want to start making steel and glass or cool down some water the energy needs tend to skyrocket.

Plug Slugs are awful. They generate less than 200W per cycle when fully fed & domesticated. That's worse thanĀ  Mousewheel. When wild, it's less than 50W per cycle. The entire wild population of slugs (5-6) is barely as good as a Mousewheel unless you feed them, with the additional problem of requiring huge amounts of battery space to actually work.

Plug Slugs are badly designed right now and need a rework. Metal for power is just a bad trade.

If I could report this post for misinformation I would.

3 hours ago, JaxckLl said:

Plug Slugs are badly designed right now and need a rework. Metal for power is just a bad trade.

It`s ok for a limited time. Needs to be tuned a bit so it doesn`t exhaust resources too fast. Could also use a morph that uses different food so the base morph is just a stepping stone. No need to hate on the design.

Archived