Can a summer-resistant boat bridge exist?

I'll just say as someone who actively sails the seas and goes fishing and treasure hunting and bases on hermit island (aka the minority)

Boat bridges are the worst. The man made pollution completely cuts off part of the sea so you can't pass.

And it's even worse when there aren't anchors on said boats, because if they get knocked out of line at all, they keep moving and never stop. Like the hour hand on a clock, you may not see it moving with your eye, but give it enough time and it will be in a completely different spot and not be on your map so as you're sailing, you suddenly run into a floating pancake that wasn't on your map because it was part of a boat bridge that someone decided to fight a gnarwale on.

Anyway this is why I created S.O.B.B

Sailors Opposing Boat Bridges :wilson_laugh:

15 hours ago, stranger again said:

i don't see any problem here?

Yeah, absolutely. It was just my silly way of saying that everyone has different playstyles. I like boat bridges (although as is the case this time, they can give me headaches), while others will prefer sailing with only one boat.

13 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I'll just say as someone who actively sails the seas and goes fishing and treasure hunting and bases on hermit island (aka the minority)

Boat bridges are the worst. The man made pollution completely cuts off part of the sea so you can't pass.

And it's even worse when there aren't anchors on said boats, because if they get knocked out of line at all, they keep moving and never stop. Like the hour hand on a clock, you may not see it moving with your eye, but give it enough time and it will be in a completely different spot and not be on your map so as you're sailing, you suddenly run into a floating pancake that wasn't on your map because it was part of a boat bridge that someone decided to fight a gnarwale on.

Anyway this is why I created S.O.B.B

Sailors Opposing Boat Bridges :wilson_laugh:

I picture orphan boats being a problem only in multiplayer servers: I mostly play alone (so no risk of anyone fighting gnarwails on said boats), and being woodie in this server I explore the seas as goose. while I have some boats stranded far off, from the first bridge that the malbatross displaced) during my travels I never found areas with lines of boats obstructing passages: they always end up being lone boats. And probably, if I found my way obstructed by a bridge, I'd jump on it and create another boat on the other side: I don't sail much, and usually use oars. furthermore, when I need to sail towards a treasure, I start from the continent and create a new boat on the closest shore to my destination with which to travel in a straight line and then go back. Probably I will understand more about what you mean when I start fishing (I really liked your post/guide for fishing by the way).

Archived